Wk 3 - Day 5 - "seeking to understand Jesus Christ better""

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

How often the Daily Mass Readings have helped us on our 33 day Journey! Today again, we hear from St. Paul’s letter to the Corinthians:

…Let no one deceive himself.
If anyone among you considers himself wise in this age,
let him become a fool, so as to become wise.
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in the eyes of God,
for it is written:
God catches the wise in their own ruses,
and again:
The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
So let no one boast about human beings, for everything belongs to you,
Paul or Apollos or Cephas,
or the world or life or death,
or the present or the future:
all belong to you, and you to Christ, and Christ to God. --1 Cor 3:18-23

And in today’s Gospel, we hear Jesus tell us:

…“Do not be afraid;
from now on you will be catching men.”…(see: LK 5:1-11)

As we come close to the end of this particular journey, I hope we have grown closer to Jesus through Mary, by God’s Grace. Let us remember these words also from St Louis de Montfort in his treatise on True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin:

1. But how difficult it is for us to have the freedom, the ability and the light to enter such an exalted and holy place. This place is guarded not by a cherub, like the first earthly paradise, but by the Holy Spirit himself who has become its absolute Master. Referring to her, he says: “You are an enclosed garden, my sister, my bride, an enclosed garden and a sealed fountain.” Mary is enclosed. Mary is sealed. The unfortunate children of Adam and Eve driven from the earthly paradise, can enter this new paradise only by a special grace of the Holy Spirit which they have to merit.

Let us continually pray for God’s grace:

1. During the third week they should seek to understand Jesus Christ better… As during the previous week, they should recite the Litany of the Holy Spirit and theAve Maris Stella, adding every day the Litany of the Holy Name of Jesus.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.