WOG

Where is my thread ‘Word of God’!!!

What do you mean by Jesus (pbuh) is the ‘Word of God’?

In the beginning [Genisis] God speaks creation into being…God says "let us…"

In the Gospel of St. John we read “in the beginning [Genesis] the Word was with God and the Word was God” [this is St. John’s description of Jesus, the Word of God - the One who is God Incarnate - made flesh]

Read the Gospel of St. John and the passages mirror the creation story of Genesis…as in “on the first day” and then “the next day”, and then again “the next day” etc.

From Genesis:

In the beginning, when God created the heavens and the earth…5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” Thus evening came, and morning followed–the first day. …8 God called the dome “the sky.” Evening came, and morning followed–the second day. …26 4 Then God said: "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.

From the Gospel of St. John

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came to be through him, and without him nothing came to be. What came to be 4 through him was life, and this life was the light of the human race; …14 And the Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us, and we saw his glory, the glory as of the Father’s only Son, full of grace and truth…29The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world. …35 The next day John was there again with two of his disciples, 36 and as he watched Jesus walk by, he said, “Behold, the Lamb of God.” …43 The next day…

Quick question: what does “pbuh” mean? :confused:

It means either “peace and blessings upon him” or “peace be upon him”.

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=171982

Building on the other answer it is something added to people Muslims consider to have been prophets or significant to the religion.

somebody here said it meant ’ place bacon upon him’ and I am trying not to think that when I see it, but it pops up…

One more closet racist comment. Ignore that disrespectful filth Ella.

Ya know, it IS disrespectful, and it’s the sort of thing the devil does. I’m sorry I posted about it now.

Don’t be sorry. This is usual and expected on this site. At least you said it was disrespectful instead of thinking up other ‘‘clever’’ variations of what is a respectful term.

EDIT: usual and expected from some people who post on this forum (but these people seem to post more than others.)

Talk about hyjacking a thread…

The original poster asked a question about Jesus [the Word Made Flesh] and the thread digresses to PBUH and insults about the acronym…

We should stay on topic…and where is the original poster anyway…was the question serious?

Well Yada you answered the question pretty well so I didn’t think going off topic would derail the thread, hopefully it can get back on topic (although I think this is a duplicate and the original, possibly longer thread is floating around, probably in Apologetics).

OP wanted to know 1) where his thread went and 2) how is Jesus the “Word of God”?

1. I don’t know.
  2. Christians call Jesus the “Word of God” because when God speaks something, things come. Like when God said “Let there be light”, light just came and the cosmos started to have form. Jesus, being God’s divine son, is something God “spoke” into being in a similar way. He’s not created like humans, but he has to have come from something, so we say that he was the Word, that came from God.

Question asked, Question answered, Link to the nissing thread provided.

All desiring to participate in discussion of the topic are invited to click the link and go to the original thread.

This thread is closed. Thanks to all who participated.

Joe

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.