Wokeness drives Latino student to Trump

Sometimes I read Rod Dreher’s posts just to see how weird things are getting out there in leftworld. I suspected the universities were pretty far gone. But here is a college student, Mexican, libertarian, economic blog follower. He got a grant to research monetary policy, but it required that he be multicultural. Being part Mexican, he qualified. But he also had to attend meetings with other grant recipients. That’s where the weirdness begins.

1 Like

I think that the grant was for him to study monetary policy. Maybe he should have known that he was required to be not only multicultural, but have mental health issues.

3 Likes

He was not required to have mental health issues.

Don’t care.

1 Like

1 Like

I considered the possibility it was a joke but was giving JimG the benefit of the doubt that he wasn’t making light of people’s struggles with mental illness.

What, you mean calling people names?

3 Likes

No, he didn’t have mental health issues, but he did participate in the discussion and was true to himself, which seemed to be the point. But because he had no issues with “intersecting identities” he was attacked as “white male.” Probably he should have self-censored, like the Somali student, in order not to be attacked.

The fact those attacking can’t see the irony of their idiocy is rather hilarious. He’s a ‘white male’ who has ‘light skin’ so he is okay to rag on. Righto. I wouldn’t even bother answering silliness like that in real-life.

1 Like

No, the other members of the seminar provided those. Just before anyone says I am making light of those with mental illness I was treated for clinical depression for an extended period when younger. This lot strike me as the very personification of the sillier end of student radicalism I’m sorry to say and the Somali and the Latino seem rather more in touch with the real world.

1 Like

This is why we can’t allow these people to get the power they so desperately crave.
As the Latino student observed “When the Revolution comes my head will be on a pike next to my capitalist fathers and yours.”

1 Like

The revolution already happened some time back in my homeland, mind you that was a rather moderate and low key revolution as such things go.

I agree however in the US some of these individuals do seem rather er, over earnest but I imagine people thought much the same of the hippies in the 1960’s. Give it ten years and like them half of this lot will be likely going much the same road. Bank managers etc, pillars of the very establishment they once decried.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.