Woman Accuses Joe Biden Of Sexual Assault

Hat tip to @Theo520 here for bringing this to my attention (here).

Woman Accuses Joe Biden Of Sexual Assault

By Frank Camp DailyWire.com

On Wednesday morning, journalist and podcaster Katie Harper released an audio clip of an interview with Tara Reade, a former staff assistant to Joe Biden, in which Reade claims that Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993.

The story begins with Reade being instructed to rush a gym bag to Biden. Upon reaching then-Senator Biden with the bag, Reade claims that he greeted her by name, and proceeded to sexually assault her in a “side area.” . . .

. . . Reade says she was later in a stairwell, “shaking” and “trying to grasp what had just happened and what I should do or what I should say.”

When Harper asked Reade if she wanted to speak about what she alleges Biden said, she replied that she was reluctant because it is “the thing that stays in my head.”

Regardless, she then told Harper what Biden allegedly said:

He just like pointed at me and he said, “You’re nothing to me!” And then he just looked at me and said, “You’re nothing. Nothing.” … I must’ve reacted because that’s when he took me by the shoulders and he said, “You’re okay. You’re fine. You’re okay.”

Harper notes at the beginning of the clip that there are no witnesses to the alleged assault, but that “Tara’s brother and Tara’s close friend” both “recalled her telling them about the incident at the time.”

Listen to the audio clip from Katie Harper’s interview with Tara Reade here . . .

. . . As the Democratic primary began in earnest, Reade, “who first supported Sen. Elizabeth Warren and then Sen. Bernie Sanders,” writes Grim, decided to seek help from TIME’S UP Legal Defense Fund, an organization that “supports the brave individuals who have come forward, at great risk to themselves, to seek the justice they deserve and to protect others from similar behavior,” according to its official website.

“This Fund helps workers connect with lawyers and bring cases of workplace sexual harassment and related retaliation – regardless of industry, rank or role,” the website continues.

According to Reade, after an initial exchange that seemed fruitful, TIME’S UP later said that they couldn’t help her because the accused was running for president, and “assisting a case against him could jeopardize the organization’s nonprofit status,” writes Grim.

As of publication, Biden has yet to publicly acknowledge Reade’s latest allegation.

1 Like

Done.

5 Likes

I just went to Google and put in Tara Reade’s name.

Nothing from the mainstream media!

Nothing about these accusations against Biden.

Not mentioned at least by Google in the first page.

I also just went to CNN’s front web page.

I scrolled down probably about 30 stories.

No mention of this that I saw.

1 Like

Presumption of innocence and due process.
I’ll withhold judgment.

4 Likes

From Tara Reade herself (full disclosure: She was admittedly not a Biden supporter. She is a Warren and then a Bernie supporter).

The Politics of Standing in Your Truth:

Is Joe Biden the Blue Trump?

Alexandra Tara Reade, J.D.

After the article about my experience working as a Joe Biden staffer came out in the media and the pro-Russia blog I wrote, went viral, there was an immediate, brutal fallout attack on me. I received threats on my life via phone and email. A thread started on twitter calling me a traitor. I lost income/freelance work from the negative viral tweets. A writer from the Atlantic and a law professor (former Biden staffer in the White House) Richard Painter teamed up for the hit pieces. The viral articles calling me out as a Russian agent swirled on the internet.

I guess Joe Biden’s campaign figured rather than address what happened, they would just have a supporter call me a Russian agent to knock me out of the conversation. Joe Biden also announced recently that he would have accusers calling him corrupt investigated by the CIA and FBI.

The conversation shifted from Biden’s misconduct to why I support Russia. It became a veiled threat against me that if I spoke further, there would be consequences. . .

. . . Now, back to my story. What Joe Biden did in his interactions with me is really not much different than what happens in other workplaces. I have not told the whole story of what occurred between Joe Biden and myself. After the threats last time, I will not tell it here either.

I was told back then that if I continued to speak out, I would be “. . . destroyed” …and I was destroyed not once but twice. Perhaps one day there will be a safe way to express what happened. The reason I am writing about it is the hypocrisy that Biden is supposed to be the champion of women’s rights. Also, watch how the media coddles him.

. . . When I reported Joe Biden’s misconduct towards me ( my mother made me document it, as I was so scared) cost me my job and inability to find more work on the Hill afterward.

I mean, you make an enemy like then, Senator Joe Biden, the Chairman of the Judiciary, then you truly have made an enemy.
Joe Biden has had no consequences for his behavior. Rather, he seems to find it all amusing. His recent jokes . . .

. . . As we move towards 2020 looking for new leadership, we will make a choice for our coming generation to stay muddled in our outmoded approaches or to move towards true change and growth.
For me? I support efforts by people like Bernie Sanders to affect change and real benefits for his constituents. Do we elect Joe Biden, the blue version of Trump or do we look to other viable political candidates?

How about Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren Presidential ticket rather than the Biden/ Harris ticket that the DNC is trying to shove down Democrat voters throats . . . . .

JonNC . . .

Presumption of innocence and due process.
I’ll withhold judgment.

I think that’s reasonable, except I am judging the media here by not covering it (so far), and/or Google for shadow-banning it.

Those are actions that speak louder than words.

As more facts come out (and they will. Google and the media cannot hold this one back forever), then I will need to make my judgments.

4 Likes

The overt political bias and dishonesty of the leftist media is blatant and obvious

7 Likes

I agree. And generally, these events don’t occur in isolation, meaning I’d expect it to have happened again at some point.

Hopefully, he is treated more fairly than Brett Kavanaugh.

6 Likes

. . . In the interview excerpt, which is posted to Soundcloud, Reade described a graphic 1993 incident where a superior asked her to take a gym bag to Biden “down towards the capital.” Then she recalls being called towards the “side area” where Biden greeted her.

“We were alone and it was the strangest thing,” she said. “There was no like exchange really. He just had me up against the wall.”

Reade went on to say that she was wearing a business skirt with no stockings because it was hot at the time. While up against the wall, Reade says Biden’s “hands were on me and underneath . . . .”

“He went down my skirt but then up inside it and he penetrated . . . ” Reade emotionally continued.

Reade also said Biden was kissing her and saying multiple things to her. She remembered a couple of the comments.

“I remember him saying first, like as he was doing it, ‘Do you want to go somewhere else,’” she said. “And then him saying to me when I pulled away, he got finished doing what he was doing, and I kind of just pulled back and he said, ‘Come on man, I heard you liked me.’ And that phrase stayed with me because I kept thinking what I might’ve said and I can’t remember exactly if he said ‘i thought’ or ‘I heard’ but he implied that I had done this.”

Reade then went on to say that “everything shattered in that moment” because she knew that there were no witnesses and she looked up to him. “He was like my father’s age,” she said. “He was like this champion of women’s rights in my eyes and I couldn’t believe it was happening. It seemed surreal.”

Reade then said Biden grabbed her by the shoulders and said, “You’re okay. You’re fine” and proceeded to walk away.

Reade said that Biden also told her something after the alleged assault that she initially didn’t want to share because “it’s the thing that stays in my head over and over.” But after some pressing from Halper, Reade decided to share:

“He took his finger. He just like pointed at me and said you’re nothing to me.”

Halper said she spoke with Reade’s brother and close friend, and both of them recall Reade telling them about the alleged assault at the time. . . .

. . . After Reade told her story of Biden’s inappropriate touching last year, she says she received a wave of attention, including the accusation that she was doing the bidding of Russian President Vladimir Putin, according to The Intercept. This caused Reade to go quiet.

However, as Biden’s presidential run persisted, Reade began to reconsider staying quiet. To obtain legal assistance and to manage what she guessed would be serious backlash for her accusations, Reade reached out to the Time’s Up organization in January 2020. Time’s Up was created in the wake of the #MeToo movement to help survivors tell their stories. . . .

1 Like

I will be listening closely to what Kamala Harris has to say publicly in the next few hours especially.

It sounds like Tara Reade at least, sees
Biden as having Kamala Harris as his running mate.

Reade probably has “insider” friends and is perhaps correct here.

For now, I am sure the Democrats are behind closed doors (figuratively) and planning their political talking points to prop Joe up.

They will feed them to the media like a mother bird feeds her chicks, and the media will dutifully begin to parrot them.

This MAY begin to occur, before the end of the day.

Google will do its part too,
by shadow-banning informative links and pulling down insightful videos from YouTube along with a host of crazy-videos that they can lump all together to discredit the good ones.

That is if their AI can handle these new parameters (many of their censors are out or working from home, rightly concerned about their health status with the Corona Virus situation).

1 Like

I just googled “Tara Reade Biden,” and this is at the top of the page –
About 17,200 results
Some of them from before the article cited in the OP.

I read some of the articles, “unwanted sexual advances”, “unwelcome behavior”, I get all of that. Not to demean the acts but I am seeing “smelling hair” and “kissing back of head”, while this is not proper conduct, I’m not sure how it is defined in today’s media. Sexual assault?

Bing news search had some stories last night. That might be slightly different than a “non-news search” on google.

puer.dei . . .

I just googled “Tara Reade Biden,” and this is at the top of the page –
About 17,200 results
Some of them from before the article cited in the OP.

Noooo. That’s not the kind of shadow-ban I was talking about.

Go back and see how many of those stories you Googled are from CNN?

Or the New York Times?

Or MSNBC?

That is what I was talking about.

Either Google is not linking to those CNN (etc.) Biden-sexual assault stories that exist, from CNN, etc. (at least in a prioritized manner) . . .

. . . or they don’t exist from CNN etc. (which suggests CNN, etc… just is not covering them
until talking-points can be developed and put out by the Dems).

Which means a news blackout. Unbelievable when you think of it!

Newly publicized sexual-assault charges against a main Presidential candidate, and a news blackout (on that story).

Whichever it is, it stinks.

Don’t worry.

I took screen captures. If you want me to put it up, I can.

I stand by what I said…

1 Like

Sounds like Tanya Reade is accusing him of more than that.

1 Like

You’re the one who said “and/or google for shadow-banning it.” Too late to move the goal-posts now.

I’m not moving the goal posts.

Maybe they shadow-banned CNN on the Biden-sex-assault story . . .

. . . AND . . .

MSNBC didn’t report it.

I don’t know because I wasn’t going to keep going later after later to attempt to look for something that SHOULD be obvious.

I stand by everything I have said.

For everybody else.

Watch Biden’s next video interview with the mainstream propaganda machine and see for yourself how much you hear them “grill” Biden, if at all.

Remember. You people heard every detail about Trump and “Stormy Daniels” for almost THREE MONTHS nightly.

Ask yourself if THIS us going to garner the SAME coverage.

It’s FAKE. They will not hold Biden to those standards
unless it is politically expedient.

1 Like

Now, what conclusion do you draw from that? I remember when a woman claimed to be “Billie Jean” from the Michael Jackson song. I know a man who claimed to be Lebron James’ father.

Let’s wait and see. Don’t presume there is some conspiratorial coverup yet.

The Jesuits call that “a leap of faith”.

Nepperhan . . .

Don’t presume there is some conspiratorial coverup yet.

They are not covering it.

OR . . .

They ARE covering it but Google isn’t showing it.
(And I looked at their websites personally and the story, at least last I checked, wasn’t there either.)

These are just plain FACTS Nepperhan.

You can draw your own conclusions as to WHY.

But the FACT remains.

It is exactly how I said it is.

The reasons WHY, I’ve drawn from their long standing actions.

If you think you have a better reason, purpose it and say why. I’m open to hearing you out.

1 Like

But the question of if the charges are factual is still up in the air. Is there any corroboration? Is the allegation likely? Like I said, folks make all sorts of charges.

Right now you are having an ‘Aha!’ moment and we don’t know if it is called for.

27 years ago. No witnesses. Comes forward AFTER Biden’s campaign rises from the dead when Bernie is on O2. LAWYER group won’t take the case.
Trump must have had what,20-25 of these claims and still got elected.

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.