Woman Awarded $2.78 Million in Malpractice Suit against Planned Parenthood Associated Doctor

Woman Awarded $2.78 Million in Malpractice Suit against Planned Parenthood Associated Doctor

PHILADELPHIA, August 15, 2008 (LifeSiteNews.com) - A woman who went to a Planned Parenthood clinic in Philadelphia in February 2003 to have contraceptive implant rods removed from her arm, has successfully sued the doctor who bungled the removal procedure.

Dana Asbury, a 39-year-old mother of three, was awarded more than $2.78 million in damages in a medical malpractice suit in which she maintained she has suffered excruciating and chronic pain, first, after Dr. Joel Lebed, who was associated with Planned Parenthood of Philadelphia, attempted to remove contraceptive implant rods, and then later when she underwent “unnecessary” neck surgery, said a report by Delcotimes.

Full Story

Another example of the “high standards” of the genocide providers.

People win medical malpractice lawsuits all the time; some deservedly, some not. What does that have to do with life-issues? The morality (or lack of it) of this particular organization, does not seem to me to have anything to do with winning a malpractice lawsuit. The thousands of doctors who provide the same services who are not a part of Planned Parenthood or do not get sued for malpractice, are examples of what, exactly? Good service providers?

Yes, I think I agree with you. Perhaps this is an example of the pro-life press seeking victories, however small or inconsequential.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.