Woman became a mom at 66, died at 69

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090715/ap_on_re_eu/eu_spain_oldest_mom

This is the woman who gave birth to twins at 66. From the article:

“I* think everyone should become a mother at the right time for them,” Bousada said in a video of the interview provided to Associated Press Television News.

“Often circumstances put you between a rock and a hard place, and maybe things shouldn’t have been done in the way they were done, but that was the only way to achieve the thing I had always dreamed of, and I did it,” she said.

The only way to achieve what SHE wanted :frowning:

:banghead:

That poor child…

:frowning:

I think that stories like these really highlight the fact that women’s health care needs reforms.

In these cases of extreme fertility (older moms dying and leaving orphans, OctoMom, the Gosselins, etc…) we see women (and men too) doing anything to their bodies, families and futures just to get something that they think they want. I also see doctors that are willing to accommodate these women for a price to provide them with the gratification that they desire. Whatever happened to a doctor discussing the reason why the mom would want this?? Or is it in the woman’s best interest, health-wise to proceed? What about the other children in the family? Why aren’t these hot-dog doctors being held accountable for these decisions? Maybe NOW’s time is better spent addressing these issues.

Maybe if mental health help was as readily offered as fertility treatments, we wouldn’t see all of these cases of fertility abuse.

I will pray for this family.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.