Woman Dies, Electricity Fails

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Family: Tenn. woman, 61, who spent life in iron lung dies when power failure stops machine.

breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90UOLM80&show_article=1&catnum=0

It will be interesting to see what additional information comes out on this sad event.

• kathie :bowdown:

Yeah - like why was there no back up power supply. :confused:

~Liza

Here is some more information. The backup failed.

ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j0qZZbLRprUWJR3yk0xR2f96ZmrAD90UOUUO0

Brother-in-law Will Beyer said family members were unable to get an emergency generator working for the iron lung after a power failure knocked out electricity to the Odell family’s residence near Jackson.

• kathie :bowdown:

I knew Diane, she was actually related to me through my father’s side of the family. She was a truly remarkable lady!

Yes, the backup generator failed and her father, I believe, had to hand pump the machine but ultimately she passed away.

She will be missed in the Jackson community and surrounding areas.

Here’s another article from our local paper here in Jackson on here

jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080528/NEWS01/80528005&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

Kristy - I’m sorry for your loss. May she rest in the peace of Christ. :frowning:

~Liza

Sad circumstances for sure…when I read her many accomplishments despite her severe disability, this was a woman to be held in great esteem. I hope now she is part of the communion of saints for which we revere.

God bless her and her whole family. They should not regret anything about her life or the circumstances around her death. God called her home.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.