Woman forced to marry father-in-law

Local Muslim council orders a woman to marry her father-in-law. Find out why?
asianews.it/view.php?l=en&art=3528

In Christ,
selvaraj

[quote=selvaraj]Local Muslim council orders a woman to marry her father-in-law. Find out why?
asianews.it/view.php?l=en&art=3528

In Christ,
selvaraj
[/quote]

Just when i think the misconceptions about Islam can not get any worse…

Contrary to what some passages in the bible say about raped women (that they have to marry their rapist), these actions are NOT in line with Islam. THe rapist is punished (i believe it is a death sentence, i’m not sure). Thats number 1

Number 2, a woman may never marry her father in law even if her and her husband end up getting a divorce (and vice versa with a husband and his mother in law)

May God guide you to the see the light through the darkness of the lies presented to you. Ameen

That’s funny, because as a muslim I was under the impression that a father-in-law can not marry his daughter-in-law, it’s against islamic law stated in the Quran:

***Forbidden to you (for marriage) are: your mothers, your daughters, your sisters, your fathers sisters, your mothers sisters, your brothers daughters, your sisters daughters, your foster mother who gave you suck, your foster milk suckling sisters, your wives mothers, your step daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives to whom you have gone in - but there is no sin on you if you have not gone in them (to marry their daughters), - the wives of your sons who (spring) from your own loins, and two sisters in wedlock at the same time, except for what has already passed; verily, Allah is OftForgiving, Most Merciful. (Chapter #4, Verse #23)

Thank you so much for explaining my religion to me and thank you for being an objective thinker, for questioning information that is given to you by asking thoes who know their religion ’ is this correct’ or by asking yourself is this real or just a hocus caused by hate. :slight_smile:

wa salam

Fatuma,

Before you go throwing stones about the bible and rape victims, you may read the following:

SAHIH AL-BUKHARI
… Unexpectedly Allah’s Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234)

Narrated Hisham's father:

Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 236)

Narrated 'Aisha:

that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death). (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64; see also Numbers 65 and 88)

More here:
answering-islam.org.uk/Shamoun/prepubescent.htm

Or perhaps:

If possible, marry rich women so that they can support you (Khadijah, Zainab bt. Jahsh). In this case, you do not need to work. You can be a parasite.

· Marry old women only to take care of your family (Saudah, Umm Salam Hind, Zainab bt. Khuzaima). That is, marry old women to save on maidservant’s pay.

· It is okay to marry children as young as 6 (Ayesha). This is to satisfy your paedophilic fantasies and also to ensure a carer when you are about to die. You will save on nursing charges as well as having a youthful face around.

· You can marry your friend’s daughters (Ayesha, Hafsah) even though you may be like their grandfather or even great grandfather.

· You can marry your adopted son’s wife (Zainab bt. Jahsh) even though Islam forbids the adoption of children.

· You can marry your first cousin (Zainab bt. Jahsh). In many societies, it is almost like committing incest. However, in Islam this is perfectly okay.

· You can marry and have sex with your captives (Safiyah); but always take the most beautiful and the youngest girls as your prisoners. Do not go for the old, ugly, poor and hapless women prisoners.

· It is all right to accept women as gifts (Umm Habibah, Mariyah) and to have sex with them by marrying them. Make sure the women are extremely attractive and young.

· You can marry and have sex with your slave girls given as gifts (Mariyah).

· You can also have sex with unlimited number of girls got as gift and/or war booty, without marriage.

· If a captive refuses to marry you, then you can keep her as a concubine (Rayhana) and have sex with her until you’re contended.

Are you ready to stop with the “the Bible says” polemic? You’re typically far more reasonable than this…

Shalom,
RyanL

[quote=RyanL]Fatuma,

Before you go throwing stones about the bible and rape victims, you may read the following:

[garbage snipped]
[/quote]

before you start yelling prepubescent this or that, try reading this… muslim-answers.org/aishah.htm and answering what the author brings forth. :thumbsup:

also have a look at puberty101.com and see what age girls start to physically mature.

[quote=RyanL]Fatuma,

More here:
answering-islam.org.uk/Shamoun/prepubescent.htm

Or perhaps:

Are you ready to stop with the “the Bible says” polemic? You’re typically far more reasonable than this…

Shalom,
RyanL
[/quote]

May Allah guide you and then forgive you for your ignorance.

[quote=r.gonzales]before you start yelling prepubescent this or that, try reading this…
garbage snipped…
[/quote]

How’s it feel? If you don’t like it, don’t do it to others. :tsktsk:

Apologetics Tip: if someone lists a series of questions and/or issues regarding your faith, doing a cut and paste of another site that doesn’t address the issues raised is pointless.

[quote=r.gonzales]muslim-answers.org/aishah.htm and answering what the author brings forth.
[/quote]

Well, I see:
1 - gross misrepresentation of the Catholic faith
2 - Attack after attack on the Christian faith (as if that had something to do with the issue of M’s marriage).
2 - heavy reliance on the presumption that M was God’s messenger and therefore could do no wrong (so therefore the marriage in question must be right)
3 - Heavy reliance on the medical possibility that the girl in question might (might!) have entered puberty.
4 - Heavy reliance on cultural norms as a moral rationale

Now tell me with a straight face that any 9 year-old girl is ready to bear children.

[quote=r.gonzales]also have a look at puberty101.com and see what age girls start to physically mature.
[/quote]

Did you even bother to look at this site? It shows:
1 - Puberty is not a line that is crossed, but a process that takes anywhere from 5 to 10 years to complete.
2 - A 9 year-old girl might (MIGHT!) begin to develop at this age.
3 - Sexual maturity might (MIGHT!) begin at 10 but generally occurs well after 12 years of age, typically at 15 years of age.

Again, tell me with a straight face that any 9 year-old girl is ready to bear children or to enter into a marriage.

[quote=stumbler]How’s it feel? If you don’t like it, don’t do it to others. :tsktsk:

Apologetics Tip: if someone lists a series of questions and/or issues regarding your faith, doing a cut and paste of another site that doesn’t address the issues raised is pointless.

Well, I see:
1 - gross misrepresentation of the Catholic faith
2 - Attack after attack on the Christian faith (as if that had something to do with the issue of M’s marriage).
2 - heavy reliance on the presumption that M was God’s messenger and therefore could do no wrong (so therefore the marriage in question must be right)
3 - Heavy reliance on the medical possibility that the girl in question might (might!) have entered puberty.
4 - Heavy reliance on cultural norms as a moral rationale

Now tell me with a straight face that any 9 year-old girl is ready to bear children.

Did you even bother to look at this site? It shows:
1 - Puberty is not a line that is crossed, but a process that takes anywhere from 5 to 10 years to complete.
3 - Sexual maturity might (MIGHT!) begin at 10 but generally occurs well after 12 years of age, typically at 15 years of age.

Again, tell me with a straight face that any 9 year-old girl is ready to bear children or to enter into a marriage.
[/quote]

How old was the average woman married 100 years ago. Would that age be appropraite now?

The fact is, that at that time in 7th century arabia, women that young WERE able to get married and did so.

If you know anything about Aisha (may Allah be please with her)…you will understand how extremely wise she was. Her thoughts and ideas are not the same as your 21st century american 9 year old.

[quote=Faith101]How old was the average woman married 100 years ago. Would that age be appropraite now?

The fact is, that at that time in 7th century arabia, women that young WERE able to get married and did so.
[/quote]

Are you claiming that cultural norms make something right?

None of your other points address the issues raised. Tell me a 9 year old girl is ready for marriage or to bear children.

[quote=stumbler]Are you claiming that cultural norms make something right?

None of your other points address the issues raised. Tell me a 9 year old girl is ready for marriage or to bear children.
[/quote]

You don’t understand! A couple of centuries ago 9 was completely mature! If you go back a couple thousand years, 2 was the customary matrimonial age! Four centuries before that, little girls were being impregnated while still in their mothers’ wombs! It’s your silly “Western Culture” that’s making this seem strange…:whacky:

[quote=stumbler]How’s it feel? If you don’t like it, don’t do it to others. :tsktsk:

[/quote]

thanks for the tip… :rolleyes: .

how’s it feel? what? is it supposed to hurt or am i supposed to feel insulted or something?

[quote=stumbler]Now tell me with a straight face that any 9 year-old girl is ready to bear children.
[/quote]

gladly. if the girl has been raised to be an upright and responsible individual and her parents readied her for parenthood and family responsibilites, and she has begun to mentstruate, then yes, she’s ready. from what i know of personal accounts, girls marrying and having children at young ages is something quite normal in places like africa.

[quote=stumbler]Did you even bother to look at this site? It shows:

[/quote]

of course i looked at the site, otherwise i wouldn’t have posted its url.

as for what it shows, it lists that puberty begins internally anywhere from 8-11 yrs old. outward signs begin to appear between 8-14 yrs of age. and that some girls begin menstrual periods late in the 3rd stage, which is from 9-15. that isn’t to say that they might get it sooner. in fact, there was a news article of a 9 yr old giving birth somewhere in asia - so girls reaching this stage at that young of an age is not impossible.

Hello Gonzales,

What is the correct Islamic verdict for this thread? I feel the raped women should marry her father-in-law is not a correct verdict. Please explain.

In Christ,
selvaraj

Ameen,
Please read.news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4099118.stm

In Christ,
selvaraj

[quote=selvaraj]Hello Gonzales,

What is the correct Islamic verdict for this thread? I feel the raped women should marry her father-in-law is not a correct verdict. Please explain.

In Christ,
selvaraj
[/quote]

First, she bears NO sin…as the Quran states

“… except him who is forced thereto and whose heart is at rest with faith…” . (16:106)

The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said: “Allah has forgiven for my Ummah (Muslims) for their mistakes, what they forget and **what they are forced to do.” **

Many scholars have have maintained that young Muslim men should hasten to marry women who fall as rape victims, so as to reduce their suffering and console them, to compensate them for the loss of the most precious thing that they possess.

Also, ofcourse the rapist has to be punished (i’m unsure of what type of punishment though).

[quote=r.gonzales]before you start yelling prepubescent this or that, try reading this… muslim-answers.org/aishah.htm and answering what the author brings forth. :thumbsup:

also have a look at puberty101.com and see what age girls start to physically mature.
[/quote]

I read the article…what a load of garbage. The author needs his head checked as does anyone who buys into that junk.

[quote=TarAshly]what a load of garbage.
[/quote]

if all it is is a load of garbage, then surely you can come up with a better answer to what he says than that.

I don’t know if this is relevant or not, but I found the answer to what to do with those who commit adultery.
If there are no witnesses, and the person admits to committing adultery, then they should be ignored until they explicitly state that they committed adultery.

There are hadith where people told the Prophet that they had committed a major wrong action (ie adultery), and the Prophet would simply turn his back and walk away. Once he even told a man, “Didn’t you just pray salat? Well then you might have been forgiven. Go home!”

Once a women admitted to adultery and had a baby. The Prophet told her to have the baby (ie go away, and dont come back and admit to adultery again).

She came back anyway 9 monthes later. The Prophet then told her “go breastfeed the baby” (ie. go away and dont come back and admit to adultery again).

She came back anyway 2 years later. The Prophet didn’t want to do it even then! Yet, she admitted it to him. When the stoning began, she ran away in pain. The Prophet stopped the stoning and asked her whether they should stop, Allahuakbar. He would have stopped if she had said “Stop”. But she said, No, kill me. Subhanallah.

If you examine the above, you’ll see that Islam is not really concerned with the private affairs of individuals. If people commit adultery in their homes, in private, go ahead, Allah will deal with those people.

But it’s when you enter the social sphere the punishment must be carried out. When it becomes aparrent to the people in society that adultery has occurred, this is when the capital punishment happens.

Capital Punishment is a bad word. It is not punishment. This is social justice, and is simply the amputation of a bad segment of society. You dont punish a cancer in your leg, you remove it. And public adultery is just that.

When adultery is seen by OTHERS, and they wish to pursue punishment, there are several steps:

1. The two people involved must be married (to others, and are cheating)
  2. The actual act of intercourse must be witnessed by 4 people. (kissing is not enough, actual penetration must be seen).
  3. Even in this case, it is better for everyone involved to pretend it never happened, and leave it at that.
  4. But - if it goes so far that witnesses come forward, and the case is proven, THEN the death sentance is placed.
  5. This can only occur in Islamic Lands, under Islamic government (There is no land on Earth today that can possibly implement Islamic Shariah to the level required to implement a death penalty for Adultery).
  6. Stoning occurs. Stoning is to the death.

If the case is not proven, then the 4 witnesses are held accountable (And I believe they are punished quite severly). If only 3 witnesses come forward, those 3 are severaly punis

ps. I took this off of something Munwar wrote.

wa salam

In the name of Allah

Selvaraj**: What is the correct Islamic verdict for this thread? I feel the raped women should marry her father-in-law is not a correct verdict.

Jermin Savory**: Obviously the Qur’an doesn’t teach rape, you said “I feel the raped women should marry her father-in-law is incorrect” and selvaraj I feel the same way. Women shouldn’t be raped in the first place. One who rapes, in my opinion deserves capital punishment, and in the hereafter he will be deal with justly by the lord of All…

[quote=fatuma]I don’t know if this is relevant or not, but I found the answer to what to do with those who commit adultery.
If there are no witnesses, and the person admits to committing adultery, then they should be ignored until they explicitly state that they committed adultery.

There are hadith where people told the Prophet that they had committed a major wrong action (ie adultery), and the Prophet would simply turn his back and walk away. Once he even told a man, “Didn’t you just pray salat? Well then you might have been forgiven. Go home!”

Once a women admitted to adultery and had a baby. The Prophet told her to have the baby (ie go away, and dont come back and admit to adultery again).

She came back anyway 9 monthes later. The Prophet then told her “go breastfeed the baby” (ie. go away and dont come back and admit to adultery again).

She came back anyway 2 years later. The Prophet didn’t want to do it even then! Yet, she admitted it to him. When the stoning began, she ran away in pain. The Prophet stopped the stoning and asked her whether they should stop, Allahuakbar. He would have stopped if she had said “Stop”. But she said, No, kill me. Subhanallah.

If you examine the above, you’ll see that Islam is not really concerned with the private affairs of individuals. If people commit adultery in their homes, in private, go ahead, Allah will deal with those people.

But it’s when you enter the social sphere the punishment must be carried out. When it becomes aparrent to the people in society that adultery has occurred, this is when the capital punishment happens.

Capital Punishment is a bad word. It is not punishment. This is social justice, and is simply the amputation of a bad segment of society. You dont punish a cancer in your leg, you remove it. And public adultery is just that.

When adultery is seen by OTHERS, and they wish to pursue punishment, there are several steps:

2. The actual act of intercourse must be witnessed by 4 people. (kissing is not enough, actual penetration must be seen).
  3. Even in this case, it is better for everyone involved to pretend it never happened, and leave it at that.
  4. But - if it goes so far that witnesses come forward, and the case is proven, THEN the death sentance is placed.
  5. This can only occur in Islamic Lands, under Islamic government (There is no land on Earth today that can possibly implement Islamic Shariah to the level required to implement a death penalty for Adultery).

If the case is not proven, then the 4 witnesses are held accountable (And I believe they are punished quite severly). If only 3 witnesses come forward, those 3 are severaly punis

wa salam
[/quote]

This whole thought process is utterly bizarre to me. i can not believe that intelligent people think like this in this day and age. its just bizarre.

[quote=fatuma]I don’t know if this is relevant or not, but I found the answer to what to do with those who commit adultery.

wa salam
[/quote]

In number 5 above you mention “Islamic Lands”. I thought it was you who posted many times that there are no Islamic lands?

I beg to differ with your statement about there being no land where adultery is punished by stoning. It happens in “Islamic Lands”.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.