Woman Suing Idaho After Self-Administered Abortion

Anyone else seen this?

huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/31/idaho-abortion-lawsuit_n_944351.html?ref=fb&src=sp

I'm sorry if this has already been posted. Did not see it.

I've been reading some pro-choice slanted news as well to try and get the whole picture. I still feel grossed out by what the woman did and feel she murdered her child.

Naturally, I posted the article on Facebook and one of my old friends (who's uh... super opinionated) responded with: "Her body, her right, until someone else is willing to step in and pay for her medical care, etc."

My sister piped right up with, "It's called the health department or adoption agency. That is gross. The baby could have survived outside of the womb at that point. What's the difference between that and a dumpster baby? Not a whole lot."

Look, I'm a pretty liberal gal. I was raised pro-choice. I gotta tell you, folks, this disturbs me. The amount of sentiment praising what this woman did makes me want to cry. At no point when I was tentatively pro-choice would I felt this way. She wants to claim the baby felt no pain? A baby has a heartbeat at about 4 weeks.

Good gravy. I know I'm late to the game but I get why people say about things like this, "No wonder our children do what they do and no wonder society is how it is." I don't judge this mother. I blame our society and our communal beliefs and values. Values are what we put our time, money, and energy into. Our society puts value on some unwholesome stuff.

I need/am giving virtual hugs. This breaks my heart.

:grouphug:

Cara

[quote="ScareBear, post:1, topic:254509"]

Look, I'm a pretty liberal gal. I was *raised* pro-choice. I gotta tell you, folks, this disturbs me. The amount of sentiment praising what this woman did makes me want to cry. At no point when I was tentatively pro-choice would I felt this way. She wants to claim the baby felt no pain? A baby has a heartbeat at about 4 weeks.

I need/am giving virtual hugs. This breaks my heart.

[/quote]

I can sympathize with the way you grew up. Even though I was super-adamantly-pro-choice for a long time, even when I was at my "peak" of feeling like a postmodern feminist hippie (:p) this would have really, really bothered me.

Reading it today breaks my heart. :(

The actions, the comments, it's all so disgusting and horrid. But if God can teach us anything through this it's that we should hate the sin and not the sinner, because this is what we ourselves would look like without the grace of God. This is the madness of original sin, of concupiscence without grace-filled reason.

Pray that God might hold back His wrath until He wakes up as many of us as possible. Pray that He doesn't chastise us until it's inevitable, because without His mercy we'd all be mad and damned. And I mean us, because I know myself well enough to know that I have some seeds of the contraceptive mindset that births this sickness within me, and many other Christians do as well. The selfishness, the sense of entitlement, the lust. We're all guilty. We'd all be damned and it would be completely just.

So, as I said, let's not jump on these people, because we might very well be them without God.

It's definitely very sad. I feel sad for the baby...there are so many couples looking to adopt. This woman had other options.

:( That is so sad.

Some of the pro-abortion comments on that article are even more disgusting than the article itself. Very, very, sad. People don't get it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.