Woman Takes Part In Search For Herself

Reykjavik Grapevine:

Woman Takes Part In Search For Herself

A tourist who was declared missing and the subject of an intense police search had no idea she was missing, and in fact took part in the search itself.

The story began on Saturday, Morgunblaðið reports, when a woman who was described as “Asian, about 160cm, in dark clothing and speaks English well” was declared missing somewhere in the vicinity of Eldgjá, in south Iceland.

The search went on throughout the weekend, with no sign of the woman found. However, yesterday morning, she was reported found - and had no idea she was missing in the first place.

This was apparently the result of a misunderstanding regarding her appearance. While it was initially reported that she had stepped off the bus at Eldgjá and never returned, in fact she changed clothing before getting back on the bus.

I would laugh but I’m sure there’s no way I’d recognise a description of myself, nor of anyone else for that matter.

Gives a whole new meaning to “I’m just trying to find myself.”

Hahahaha.

Like most college freshman.

Thanks for a good laugh, we all need one sometimes.:thumbsup:

Reminds me of the joke where a couselling hotline gets a call from a very young person.

“Hello” said a tiny muted voice.

Recognising it’s a kid, the counsellor tries to answer on the same level.

Counsellor - “Hi. Wha’ts you name, honey?”

Caller - “Timmy”

Counsellor - “And what can I do for you Timmy”

Caller - “There’s a fireman here”

Counsellor - “Oooh… a fireman? Is there a fire?”

Caller - “No.”

Counsellor - “Ah, look, can I talk to your mummy?”

Caller - “No. She’s talking to the fireman”.

Counsellor - “Oh, I see. Well what about Daddy?”

Caller - “No, you can’t talk to him either.”

Counsellor - “Oh, why not?”

Caller - “He’s talking to the policeman?”

Counsellor - “A policeman?? What are the fireman and policeman doing at your house?”

Caller (Giggling) - “They’re looking for me…”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.