Woman who took poison to terminate pregnancy jailed

Natalie Towers, 24, sentenced to serve two years and six months behind bars after buying poison online to terminate her unborn son

A woman who took poison she bought on the internet to terminate her unborn son has been jailed.

Natalie Towers, 24, of Adams Street, Shildon, County Durham, collapsed wailing in the dock at Newcastle Crown Court when she was sentenced to serve two years and six months behind bars.

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/12057229/Woman-who-took-poison-to-terminate-pregnancy-jailed.html

Shouldn’t that have killed her too?

And not that I’m complaining, but what’s with the sudden increase of arrests for these women? Are people waking up to how horrible it is?

What were the charges? If she’d gone to a doctor, the result would have been the same, so it seems that she could only be prosecuted for practicing medicine [sic] without a license.

It seems the UK allows for abortion up to 24 weeks (?). Since a baby born after 24 weeks has a chance to survive she was charged with poisoning with an intent to procure an abortion post 24 weeks. That someone could leave their 32-34 week old baby head first in a toilet while being calm and relaxed down the hall just tells you how completely sick and twisted pro abortionist can be.

To be honest I cannot understand the mental gymnastics required to say 23 weeks it’s okay to kill your baby, but hey we draw the line at 24. I guess if I take the tires off a car and then steal it it’s okay, because it’s not really a car without wheels.

What a sick world we live in.

Ah, I need to read the article before commenting :o Thank you for the excellent explantion.

That someone could leave their 32-34 week old baby head first in a toilet while being calm and relaxed down the hall just tells you how completely sick and twisted pro abortionist can be.

To be honest I cannot understand the mental gymnastics required to say 23 weeks it’s okay to kill your baby, but hey we draw the line at 24. I guess if I take the tires off a car and then steal it it’s okay, because it’s not really a car without wheels.

What a sick world we live in.

So sadly true.

closed #6

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.