Women in the Quran and Sunnah

usc.edu/dept/MSA/humanrelations/womeninislam/womenquransunnah.html

and extra info if your interested:

members.tripod.com/oum_abdulaziz/women.htm

wa salam

That is really a biased Sugar Coated Article.

Let us see what the Quran says about women. It says “men have a degree (of advantage) over them” 2:228 ; that the witness of woman is worth half of that of man 2:282; that women inherit half of their male siblings, 4:11-12; that a man can marry two or three or four women 4:3; that if a women becomes captive in a war, her Muslim master is allowed to rape her 33:50; that if a woman is not totally submissive to her husband she will enter Hell 66:10; that women are “tilth” for their husbands (to cultivate them) 2:223; that men are in charge of women, **as if women were imbeciles or minors who could not take care of themselves; that they must be obedient to their husbands or be admonished (verbally abused), banished from the bed (psychologically abused) and beaten (physically abused) ** 4:34.

Considering the fact that before the advent of Islam the pagan Arabs used to bury their female children alive,

The pagan society of pre-Islamic Arabia had an irrational prejudice against their female children whom they used to bury alive.

Muslims truly believe that this was a common practice. If that was the case, where did Arab women came from? They also claim that Muhammad raised the status of women by limiting a man to no more than four wives. How could Arab men have so many wives if they practiced female infanticide?

Perhaps some ignorant people killed their newborn daughters, but that could not have been a common practice. Infanticide is just against human nature. After all, Arabs were also humans. They must have had the same kind of parental instincts that we have. Even animals have parental instinct. Yes exceptions always occur. Even today female infanticide is practiced in China and in India . But it is an abhorrent practice frowned by the society and punished by the law. The cases are extremely rare. The pre-Islamic Arabia could not have been different. What Muhammad said was commonsense and agreed by everyone. Let me make an example. We read in the news that some men kill their wives. How common is this practice? It is extremely rare. But suppose I declare myself a prophet and among other things prohibit wife killing. Not a big deal, everybody knows wife killing is bad. A thousand years from now my zealot followers claim that in Pre-ProudKafir period of ignorance people practiced wife killing and his holiness Proud Kafir(pbuh) abolished this repugnant practice. How ludicrous does it sound to you? Well, it is no more ludicrous than the claim of the Muslims that Muhammad abolished female infanticide

Considering the fact that before the advent of Islam the pagan Arabs…treat women as mere chattels and objects of sexual pleasure possessing no rights or position whatsoever, these teachings of the Noble Qur’an were revolutionary.

Oh Really ?

Let us see what first muslims headed by Mohammed done to captive women. Mohammed said ok to rape captives whose husbands, father, brothers were brutally massacred before their eyes.

Sahih Bukhari - Volume 3, 432:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri that while he was sitting with Allah's messenger we said, "**Oh Allah's messenger, we got female captives as our booty, and we are interested in their prices, what is your opinion about coitus interruptus?**"  The prophet said, "**Do you really do that?  It is better for you not to do it.  No soul that which Allah has destined to exist, but will surely come into existence**."

Mohammed’s gang members wanted to have intercourse with the captive girls, but they were afraid of conception. In case they were pregnant and gave birth to a child they could not be sold as it was prohibited that a slave mother should be sold. So they observe coitus interruptus while having intercourse with them. By this they meant to sell the slave girls and obtain the ransom.

You see, first muslims were rapists, slave traders with the permission from Mohammed. They have treated women as sex objects to fulfill their lust. The worst thing is, Mohammed distributed women to all his fellow gang members. That sums up about his ill-treatment of women. He himself took pretty women. Mohammed’s Allah also has agreed to this. That’s why in Quran it is legal to have sex with right hand possess(women captives, slave girls etc).

33:50 “Prophet, We have made lawful to you the wives whom you have granted dowries and the slave girls whom God has given you as booty;…”

In Islam a woman is a completely independent personality. She can make any contract or bequest in her own name. She is entitled to inherit in her position as mother, as wife, as sister and as daughter.

For the first time women were given the right to have a share in inheritance.

Really ?

Are muslims forgetting that Khadijah, prior to marring Muhammad was a businesswomen who had made a fortune running her own trading business and who had many men at her service? Can women succeed in any Islamic country the way Khadijah succeeded in a pagan society? Was there a single woman after Khadijah in any Islamic country during these 1400 years that has rivaled her success? The answer is no! Doesn’t this prove that there are fewer opportunities in Islamic world for women than what Khadijah had in a pagan world? It is clear that women have lost their rights after Islam and did not gain anything from it.

It is only after Islam, Women are treated like baby-producing machines, only to take care of home. Pagan Society has given more freedom to women than Islam.

Before the advent of Islam women were often treated worse than animals.

It is only after Islam Women are treated like Animals. Women in pagan soceity enjoyed more rights than post-islamic arabia.

See, How Mohammed compares Women with animals.

Women are bad omen

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 30:
Narrated Abdullah bin 'Umar:

Allah’s Apostle said, "Evil omen is in the women, the house and the horse.’

Women are harmful to men.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 33:
Narrated Usama bin Zaid:

The Prophet said, “After me I have not left any affliction more harmful to men than women.”

Men are promised many virgins after they die. What do women get? They get their old lousy husband to share with 72 voluptuous celestial virgins. With that many high-bosomed houries why would any man want to spend a night with an old wife? Do women get also young celestial studs to have orgies with? No they don’t. They have to maintain their “modesty” even after their death. The truth is that in Islam men and women are not treated equally even after their death.

In fact, according to Muhammad few women ever make it to Paradise . The majority of them end up in Hell. Let us see what the Prophet says in this regards. This is where he describes his hallucinatory visit to hell and paradise:

Most dwellers in hell are women

Then I saw the (Hell) Fire, and I have never before, seen such a horrible sight as that, and I saw that the majority of its dwellers were women.” Bukhari 7.62.125

She has perfect liberty to choose her husband.

How can a 9 year old child consent to a marriage? How can a Muslim woman be free in her choice when she is not even allowed to date the man whom she is planning to marry in order to know him? How can you choose when you do not even know the person? What choice one has? How can you make any intelligent and educated decision when you do not know your prospect mate? A blind choice is not a choice.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) upheld the cause of widows. Most of his wives were widows. In an age when widows were rarely permitted to remarry, the Prophet encouraged his followers to marry them. He was always ready to help widows and exhorted his followers to do the same.

Then, Why did he marry his own daughter-in-law ? Why did he marry a 6 year old child ? His obsession with having sex with children totally repudiates the article’s claim.

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:
When I got married, Allah’s Apostle said to me, “What type of lady have you married?” I replied, “I have married a matron.” He said, “Why, don’t you have a liking for the virgins AND FOR FONDLING THEM?” Jabir also said: Allah’s Apostle said, “Why didn’t you marry a young girl so that you might play with her and she with you?” (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 17)

Bukhari Volume 1, Book 5, Number 268:
Narrated Qatada:

Anas bin Malik said, “The Prophet used to visit all his wives in a round, during the day and night and they were eleven in number.” I asked Anas, “Had the Prophet the strength for it?” Anas replied, “We used to say that the Prophet was given the strength of thirty (men).”

Mohammed’s Child Wife Aisha was jealous and angry on Mohammed’s affair with multiple girls.

Muslim Book 039, Number 6759:
A’isha the wife of Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him), reported that one day Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) came out of her (apartment) during the night and she felt jealous. Then he came and he saw me (in what agitated state of mind) I was. He said: A’isha, what has happened to you? Do you feel jealous? Thereupon she said: How can it he (that a woman like me) should not feel jealous in regard to a husband like you.

The fact is Mohammed was lecher.

In the new social climate, women rediscovered themselves and became highly active members of society rendering useful service during the wars which the pagan Arabs forced on the emerging Muslim umma. They carried provisions for the soldiers, nursed them, and even fought alongside them if it was necessary. It became a common sight to see women helping their husbands in the fields, carrying on trade and business independently, and going out of their homes to satisfy their needs.

Even the pagans used to take their wives to the battlefield. In the battle of Uhud it was Hind, the wife of Abu Sofyan, who was roaring like a lioness and encouraging the men to march forward. In those days women used to accompany their husbands to the battle to provide logistics for them and to nurse them if they were wounded. Muhammad did what other Arabs did. However, after Islam, when Muslims started to put into practice their prophet’s teachings, they found there was no room for women anywhere – including in the battlefield – and hence women were discarded and were relegated to second class citizens.

It allots the more strenuous work to the man and makes him responsible for the maintenance of the family. It allots the work of managing the home and the upbringing and training of children to the woman, work which has the greatest importance in the task of building a healthy and prosperous society.

Finally the articles agrees, In Islam women are nothing but baby prodcing machines, sex objects only for pleasing husbands and take care of home.

In contrast to these enlightened teachings of Islam in respect of women, Western talk of women’s liberation or emancipation is actually a disguised form of exploitation of her body, deprivation of her honor, and degradation of her soul!

Islam is no better than that. Islam’s Polygamy, Having countless slave girls and concubines, virgin filled paradise is far worse than moral decadence in West.

Are we still supposed to believe Islam is a divine religion? The problem with Islam is that it destroys one’s values. The right becomes wrong and evil is praised as good. Islam is a misogynist religion. Polygamy, Having Countless Slave girls, Islamic Sensual Paradise, Mohammed’s saying of “Most of the dwellers in hell are women” etc Proves one thing, Islam is not in the favour of muslim women. It oppresses womens to the extent of killing them as a honour.

Go away PK, your lies are not wanted here.

wa salam

[quote=fatuma]Go away PK, your lies are not wanted here.

wa salam
[/quote]

Hi Fatuma;

Why do you say that PK has written lies?

he has provided references to your own muslim literature. So why don’t you refute him punctually?

are you calling him a liar just because he writes things you do not like?

that’s not how a good an honest debate/dialogue is built Fatuma.

BTW, can you answer to me on the “who disciplines misbehaving husbands in islam” thread?

Eeqat, Emad and you thus far have failed to address the very fair and specific questions i have made to you.

thanks

[quote=fatuma]Go away PK, your lies are not wanted here.

wa salam
[/quote]

I appreciate PK’s input. You would do better to prove him wrong rather than tell him to go away.

[quote=iamrefreshed]I appreciate PK’s input. You would do better to prove him wrong rather than tell him to go away.
[/quote]

There’s no sense in any such lunacy. PK is an Islam-bashing troll (and he’s no Christian, though he’s allowing people here to think that in an effort to bolster his credibility), if you haven’t noticed by now. For many weeks he was allowed to run the Why Islam board into the ground with filth. There were many Muslims there who tried to innocently answer his questions, only to see him totally ignore, gnash his ugly teeth and vomit more of his filth. There’s no sense in responding to someone whose speech is one-way. PK thinks he’s got it all figured out, so there’s no sense in him stooping down to actually talk to us. In fairness to us, I’d like to see you try to respond virulently anti-Christian atheist or the like, who may come on here.

[quote=Shenango]There’s no sense in any such lunacy. PK is an Islam-bashing troll (and he’s no Christian, though he’s allowing people here to think that in an effort to bolster his credibility), if you haven’t noticed by now. For many weeks he was allowed to run the Why Islam board into the ground with filth. There were many Muslims there who tried to innocently answer his questions, only to see him totally ignore, gnash his ugly teeth and vomit more of his filth. There’s no sense in responding to someone whose speech is one-way. PK thinks he’s got it all figured out, so there’s no sense in him stooping down to actually talk to us. In fairness to us, I’d like to see you try to respond virulently anti-Christian atheist or the like, who may come on here.
[/quote]

It would seem you have your mind made as well. What do you call what Ali Free does on the whyislam board?

[quote=iamrefreshed]It would seem you have your mind made as well. What do you call what Ali Free does on the whyislam board?
[/quote]

Who is Ali Free?

[quote=Shenango]There’s no sense in any such lunacy. PK is an Islam-bashing troll (and he’s no Christian, though he’s allowing people here to think that in an effort to bolster his credibility), if you haven’t noticed by now. For many weeks he was allowed to run the Why Islam board into the ground with filth. There were many Muslims there who tried to innocently answer his questions, only to see him totally ignore, gnash his ugly teeth and vomit more of his filth. There’s no sense in responding to someone whose speech is one-way. PK thinks he’s got it all figured out, so there’s no sense in him stooping down to actually talk to us. In fairness to us, I’d like to see you try to respond virulently anti-Christian atheist or the like, who may come on here.
[/quote]

Proud Kaffir is brought referrences from your Books. Please answer him insteading of blaming. We dont see anyones religion here.

In Christ,
selvaraj

Let us see what the Quran says about women. It says “men have a degree (of advantage) over them” 2:228 ; that the witness of woman is worth half of that of man

The first few lines of his post have already been refuted on this forum,by me thank you very much, this is why we have a problem with PK, . Everything he says is meant to cause hate and misunderstanding he doesn’t use real sources or evidence. How on earth can you say that he brings evidence from our sources? No he doesn’t and that is why we are calling him a liar. If his first sentence is such a blatant lie want in God’s name makes you think the rest of his posts are true.
I am deeply disappointed to those who give PK’s lies the false illusion of truth.

wa salam

[quote=fatuma]**Let us see what the Quran says about women. It says “men have a degree (of advantage) over them” 2:228 ; that the witness of woman is worth half of that of man that women inherit half of their male siblings, **

The first few lines of his post have already been refuted on this forum,by me thank you very much, this is why we have a problem with PK, . Everything he says is meant to cause hate and misunderstanding he doesn’t use real sources or evidence. How on earth can you say that he brings evidence from our sources? No he doesn’t and that is why we are calling him a liar. If his first sentence is such a blatant lie want in God’s name makes you think the rest of his posts are true.
I am deeply disappointed to those who give PK’s lies the false illusion of truth.

wa salam
[/quote]

forgot to add the second line

[quote=fatuma]Let us see what the Quran says about women. It says “men have a degree (of advantage) over them” 2:228 ; that the witness of woman is worth half of that of man

wa salam
[/quote]

Instead of whining, Why don’t you refer your holy book and refute me one by one?

Here is the link for Quran.
usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/ ( Contains 3 authentic famous translations)

I copy from this authentic Quran.

YUSUFALI: but men have a degree (of advantage) over them. And Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.
PICKTHAL: and men are a degree above them. Allah is Mighty, Wise.
SHAKIR: and the men are a degree above them, and Allah is Mighty, Wise.

YUSUFALI: If they party liable is mentally deficient, or weak, or unable Himself to dictate, Let his guardian dictate faithfully, and get two witnesses, out of your own men, and if there are not two men, then a man and two women, such as ye choose, for witnesses, so that if one of them errs, the other can remind her.
PICKTHAL: And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not (at hand)** then a man and two women, of such as ye approve as witnesses**, so that if the one erreth (through forgetfulness) the other will remember.
SHAKIR: call in to witness from among your men two witnesses; but if there are not two men, then one man and two women from among those whom you choose to be witnesses, so that if one of the two errs, the second of the two may remind the other;

YUSUFALI: Allah (thus) directs you as regards your Children’s (Inheritance): **to the male, a portion equal to that of two females: **
PICKTHAL: Allah chargeth you concerning (the provision for) your children: **to the male the equivalent of the portion of two females, **
SHAKIR: Allah enjoins you concerning your children: **The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females; **

Calling me liar will not help you. That only shows how far you muslims are insecure when facing truth.

[quote=Proud Kafir]Instead of whining, Why don’t you refer your holy book and refute me one by one?

Here is the link for Quran.
usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/ ( Contains 3 authentic famous translations)

I copy from this authentic Quran.

YUSUFALI: but men have a degree (of advantage) over them. And Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.
PICKTHAL: and men are a degree above them. Allah is Mighty, Wise.
SHAKIR: and the men are a degree above them, and Allah is Mighty, Wise.

YUSUFALI: If they party liable is mentally deficient, or weak, or unable Himself to dictate, Let his guardian dictate faithfully, and get two witnesses, out of your own men, and if there are not two men, then a man and two women, such as ye choose, for witnesses, so that if one of them errs, the other can remind her.
PICKTHAL: And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not (at hand)** then a man and two women, of such as ye approve as witnesses**, so that if the one erreth (through forgetfulness) the other will remember.
SHAKIR: call in to witness from among your men two witnesses; but if there are not two men, then one man and two women from among those whom you choose to be witnesses, so that if one of the two errs, the second of the two may remind the other;

YUSUFALI: Allah (thus) directs you as regards your Children’s (Inheritance): **to the male, a portion equal to that of two females: **
PICKTHAL: Allah chargeth you concerning (the provision for) your children: to the male the equivalent of the portion of two females,
SHAKIR: Allah enjoins you concerning your children: **The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females; **

Calling me liar will not help you. That only shows how far you muslims are insecure when facing truth.
[/quote]

Hi there

**Please post the complete Ahadith with complete chain of narrations and/or transmissions in original language preferably?

Also pos their classifications as well?

Please also post their Asbabul-Hadith.**

Here are the responses and/or refutation with checkmate.

Wife Killing & Daughter Burning in the Bible!

Woman’s Testimony in Islaam!

How women are treated in Bible and Qur’aan!

Women’s Freedom in the West Or It is Men’s Freedom from Financial Burden?

QUEER Philosophy

Why I am not a Christian ANYMORE?

Regards
Preacher

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.