Women's issue - need information

Hi-
Just got back from my OB/GYN for the annual visit and he mentioned the need for a hysteroscopy, he then mentioned whether I wanted more children (not a Catholic or orthodox as far as I can tell but a nice and charitable man).
He mentioned it was to take a look at the uterus and see what if anything the thick uterine lining could be caused by and reiterated it’s a common procedure, done fairly often in the office.

I dunno - his question about children has got me a little worried, I’m not quite sure why he asked? I was listening too closely to really think about asking him about it until too late.

Any of you women had this procedure or could help quell my uneasiness?? :confused:

I had one several years ago after I had 2 miscarriages. I read that the doctor can somehow implant a device near or at the fallopian tubes as a means of sterilization, so maybe that is why he asked if you wanted more children—he could do the procedure to check your uterine lining and put the BC in, kind of a 2 for 1 deal.

Here is a link: webmd.com/hw/chronic_pelvic_pain/tw9811.asp

Don’t worry about the question about children. It is a standard question that they ask just in case. If there are any problems, they will take that into consideration when choosing treatment options.

Here is a link that gives more information about hysteroscopy: universityobgyn.com/hysteros.htm

There are tons of resources out there on it. Just go to google.com and do a quick search. I recently had some problems due to a miscarriage and was expecting to have more stuff done to me. I go in for my well woman exam next week so I am still not out of the woods.

I see - thanks so much for your information and links, it’s so very helpful!! :blessyou:

I had one a few years ago because my OB/GYN wanted to have a close look WHY I was not conceiving, they found some tissue which was removed…So, yes, sounds like a normal question to me. And don’t worry, it doesn’t hurt at all :wink:

Anna x

[quote=anna1978]I had one a few years ago because my OB/GYN wanted to have a close look WHY I was not conceiving, they found some tissue which was removed…So, yes, sounds like a normal question to me. And don’t worry, it doesn’t hurt at all :wink:

Anna x
[/quote]

The exam doesn’t hurt, but I had some serious cramping afterward. Worse than menstrual cramps, but less painful than labor. I don’t want to scare the OP, but just be prepared that it can be a problem afterward.

I had a hysteroscopy done at the same time as a laparoscopy last year. Midol was the painreliever prescribed and really, it wasn’t bad. Usually they do those just to check out the inside of the uterus and to test the tissue there.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.