Women's Ordination: A Survey [edited]

Hallo, my name is Peirs and I’ve started this thread for a simple reason. I am a Highschool student and as a requirement to write a Rhetorical research paper for my AP Literature class i have to survey at least twenty five people. I decided that since my topic, which is Should the Catholic Church allow the Ordination of Women, that it was best that i found mostly Catholics to survey, though anyone is more then welcome to fill out the survey. it’s not ment to offend people in any way, it’s just a simple questionnaire, and i hope that a few of you can find it in your hearts to take a few minutes out of your time to answer this simple survey.

~Peirs

Survey on Female Ordination

1. Gender…. Male/Female

2. Age…. Under 18 19-40 41-60 60+

3. What religion are you? Catholic Orthodox Protestant Other

4. Do you believe the Sacrament of Ordination, also known as the Sacrament of Priesthood, should include women and not only men?
    Yes/No

5. Are you or have you ever considered taking the sacrament of ordination, or a vow of celibacy?
    Yes/No

6. Do you believe that the Vatican should change its policy on Ordination, or that the Vatican should continue to stand firm in its belief that only men should be Ordained?
    Change Policy/Don’t Change

7. Do you feel it is right to excommunicate anyone who is involved in the “Ordination of Women?
    Yes/No

8. Do you believe that the Ordination of Women will harm the Catholic Church?

Thank you for taking your time to fill out this survey, it is much appreciated.

1. Gender…. Male/Female Male

2. Age…. Under 18 19-40 41-60 60+ Under 18

3. What religion are you? Catholic Orthodox Protestant Other Catholic

4. Do you believe the Sacrament of Ordination, also known as the Sacrament of Priesthood, should include women and not only men?
    Yes/No No

5. Are you or have you ever considered taking the sacrament of ordination, or a vow of celibacy?
    Yes/No Yes

6. Do you believe that the Vatican should change its policy on Ordination, or that the Vatican should continue to stand firm in its belief that only men should be Ordained?
    Change Policy/Don’t Change Don’t Change

7. Do you feel it is right to excommunicate anyone who is involved in the “Ordination of Women?
    Yes/No Yes

8. Do you believe that the Ordination of Women will harm the Catholic Church? As with anything else, the potential is there, although fear that ordination of women would “harm the Catholic Church” is not the reason the Church disallows the practice.

Thank you for taking your time to fill out this survey, it is much appreciated. No problem! :smiley:

1. Gender…. Male/Female **Male **

2. Age…. Under 18 19-40 41-60 60+ **41-60 **

**Catholic **

Yes/No**Yes **

Yes/No**Yes **

Change Policy/Don’t Change**It’s not a matter of “policy” from the “Vatican.” It’s a matter of the Church’s dogmatic deposit of faith from God. It’s cannot be changed. **

7. Do you feel it is right to excommunicate anyone who is involved in the “Ordination of Women? **It’s automatic, latae sententiae **
    Yes/No

8. Do you believe that the Ordination of Women will harm the Catholic Church? **It’s not possible. **

Thank you for taking your time to fill out this survey, it is much appreciated.

Good luck.

1. Gender…. Male/Female male

2. Age…. Under 18 19-40 41-60 60+ 19-40

3. What religion are you? Catholic Orthodox Protestant Other Catholic

Yes/No No

5. Are you or have you ever considered taking the sacrament of ordination, or a vow of celibacy? Yes (considered in past)
    Yes/No

Change Policy/Don’t Change Don’t Change

7. Do you feel it is right to excommunicate anyone who is involved in the “Ordination of Women? Yes
    Yes/No

8. Do you believe that the Ordination of Women will harm the Catholic Church? Yes

In addition to collecting surveys, don’t forget to research the reasoning behind male-only priests. (Hint: it’s similar to why only women can be mothers.)
Good luck!

1. Female
  2. 18
  3. Roman Catholic
  4. Only men
  5. celibacy - yes. priesthood - no. nun - yes.
  6. do not change policy. it was put in place by Christ. We cannot change it
  7. yes. they are breaking church law.
  8. it won’t harm the church because it will never happen. hypothetically - if it were to happen - absolutely!
  9. only men may be priests because priests are ‘in persona Christi’. Also, all of the apostles were men, even though he had many good women friends. also, the Church is viewed as female, and priests ‘marry’ the church. if a woman were to marry the church, well, you do the math.

urvey on Female Ordination

1. Gender…. Male/Female Female

2. Age…. Under 18 19-40 41-60 60+ 41 to 60

Catholic

Yes/No Look long and hard at my signature line, my friend. No, I don’t believe women should be ordained but even if every single person on God’s green earth ‘believed’ it, it would not alter the plain and simple truth–the Catholic Church simply has no ABILITY to ordain women. What, you, or I, or the Jolly Green Giant for that matter ‘believe’ in our puny yet egotistical little brains has nothing to do with whether something can or cannot be done.

Yes/No Ordination, no. Celibacy as a consecrated religious, yes.

Change Policy/Don’t Change Look at the sig. This is not a ‘policy’, the Church is not a democracy but a Kingdom, and the King has laid down the law. It’s not a question of ‘should’ but of ‘can’. Only men CAN be ordained. Only pure grape wine can be consecrated as the Blood of Christ. Only wheat bread of flour and water (Latin Rite) or flour, water and yeast (Eastern Rite) can be consecrated as the Body of Christ. Not beer and pizza, not juice and cookies. Valid matter is necessary.

Yes/No Absolutely, automatic. (I hope you do realize what excommunication is, too).

8. Do you believe that the Ordination of Women will harm the Catholic Church? **Christ protects His Church. There can be no valid ordination of women as the Church has no authority to ordain women. Those who will be harmed by false ‘ordinations’ are the deluded people who participate in them or ‘accept’ them; since the Catholic Church will neither participate nor accept such ‘pretenses’ the Catholic Church will not be harmed.

1. male
  2. 19-24
  3. Catholic
  4. Clearly it should not, as God, who is a much better judge than me, chose not to make the sacrament in this way.
  5. I never considered the priesthood. I wanted to be a monk ever since I was a little kid, but when I went to college I found, somewhat painfully, that I was called to marriage.
  6. I do not think it is possible for this to change. By “ordaining women” a church would cease to be Catholic, and the women would not be ordained even if some bishop decides to perform the ritual.
  7. Yes. In fact, I wish the Church had been stricter in “cleaning house” over this issue when it first became a big headline debate.
  8. Ultimately nothing can prevail against the Catholic Church. But in the short term, it would certainly lead to greater division. But the Church will always recover. The more important harm is the risk of damnation that would be opened up to countless souls.

1. Gender….** Female**

2. Age…. **41-60 **

3. What religion are you? [BLatin-Rite ]Catholic

No

No

As Pope John Paul II noted, and Pope Benedict XVI affirmed as Cardinal Ratzinger, the Church cannot change what it has always held. Thus, the Church stands firm in her teaching that the sacrament of Holy Orders is reserved only for men.

Yes; however, remember that those who refuse to obey the Church in this matter are the ones who excommunicate themselves. They are the ones who refuse to obey the laws of Christ and His Church.

Yes.

1. Gender…. Male/Female

2. Age…. Under 18 19-40 41-60 60+

3. What religion are you? **Catholic **Orthodox Protestant Other

Yes/No. As others have said, by it’s very nature, it cannot

Yes/No

Change Policy/Don’t Change. CAN’T Change.

Yes/No

**Women cannot be ordained. It’s pointless to even continue debating about this, because women cannot, will not, ever be ordained. It’s physically/Sacramentally impossible. **

1) Gender female

2) Age 23

**3) What religion are you? **Catholic

4) Do you believe the Sacrament of Ordination, also known as the Sacrament of Priesthood, should include women and not only men?
men only

5) Are you or have you ever considered taking the sacrament of ordination, or a vow of celibacy?
no

6) Do you believe that the Vatican should change its policy on Ordination, or that the Vatican should continue to stand firm in its belief that only men should be Ordained?
it should stay just as Christ implemented it. Men only.

**7) Do you feel it is right to excommunicate anyone who is involved in the “Ordination of Women? **
yes

8) Do you believe that the Ordination of Women will harm the Catholic Church?
yes

i’m loving the responses i’m getting to this you guys are helping me out sooo much. i’m glad every here seems to believe what the Vatican teaches. i can’t wait to see my instructors face when she sees such a high percentage against,that is if i keep getting these types of answers. but it’s good to see Brothers and sisters whom are of the right set of mind, not to be biased or anything.

You know, in order to have a valid statistic, you need to gather survey results from a non-biased source. An orthodox Catholic bulletin board wouldn’t exactly be an un-biased source unless your paper is on the topic of opinions regarding women’s ordination among Catholics exclusively. :wink:

I agree with this. I think your instructor will tear your paper apart if the only opinions concerning the issue are gathered from this particular website. I think you’ll have to cast your net a bit farther than the Catholic Answers Forum. Good luck with your research.

well i did ask her if I could have it pertain to Catholics only because it doesn’t much affect anyone outside the Catholic church. and there are alot of radicals inside the church its self, mostly the arrogant. i have an interview with an ordained women as well as the excommunicated Fr. Roy Bourgeois, so my paper won’t be too biased, but i do think you’re right, i’ll still keep this thread open but i’ll look for a site that supports womens ordination as well and see just how insanely different the answers will be

1. Gender male

2. Age 17

3. What religion are you? Roman Catholic

men only

yes

Christ set it down. Men only. It CANNOT be changed.

yes, they are automatically.

Those who ordain women are no Catholics so it cannot harm the Church.

Mate, I just finished a research paper for my English III AP class on the abuses that have occurred after Vatican II with modernism. I enjoyed every minute! good luck! (I pray you’ll get a 9!!!)

1. Gender….** Female**

2. Age…. **19-40 **

3. What religion are you? **Catholic **

No-technically, it’s impossible, if one understands what is necessary for validity of the sacrament of Holy Orders. But that’s another thread (if you are interested, see the argument in the first post of this thread: forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=244140))

Yes

Don’t Change

Yes-it’s heresy and should be treated as such.

Yes! We would lose credibility by changing the sacrament! Just like certain criteria must be met for a valid sacramental marriage in the Catholic Church, we can’t change what can’t be changed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.