Wonderful experience at Mass

Today, like every Sunday I enjoyed attending Mass. Our priests are excellent and I appreciate the efforts of the lectors, ushers and music ministry. I also enjoyed the young family beside me. Thank goodness their toddler and pre-schooler made a little bit of noise, otherwise I would have been concerned. :slight_smile: All of us who are able to attend Mass each Sunday are very lucky. I hope others here also have positive things to share about the Mass that they attend.

I attended Mass at a parish that I have never been to, other than for a funeral.

It's part of a larger parish cluster that a friend of mine happens to be a deacon at. He was preaching today, that's why I went.

His homily was awesome. The Priest who presided was also wonderful. I heard something other that EPII, for a change, and Father chanted some parts.

There was a family, Mom,Dad, and probably Grandma, with 5 little ones! Two sets of twins, maybe 6 & 3 and baby who was probably not quite a year. They were all very well-behaved, cute as buttons, and the littlest one even sang along in his own way :D

I am blessed to have a plethora of choices for Mass. There are at least 50 between Saturday & Sunday within a half hour drive from my home. And blessed to know some wonderful priests & deacons who are great homilists, so I travel around quite a bit! :D

Wow, i love how your so positive, its inspirational. (:

We are truly blessed, aren’t we?! Earlier in the week I attended a daily Mass that really spoke to me. I arrived at church feeling rather sorry for myself. The Mass readings that day were about picking up our crosses in our daily lives. Father’s homily was as if it was written for me. Amazing when we hear just what we need isn’t it?!

Thank God for his blessings and grace.

[quote="grasscutter, post:1, topic:304868"]
Today, like every Sunday I enjoyed attending Mass. Our priests are excellent and I appreciate the efforts of the lectors, ushers and music ministry. I also enjoyed the young family beside me. Thank goodness their toddler and pre-schooler made a little bit of noise, otherwise I would have been concerned. :) All of us who are able to attend Mass each Sunday are very lucky. I hope others here also have positive things to share about the Mass that they attend.

[/quote]

I enjoyed mass today like every Sunday as well. Everyone is so friendly and we have a wonderful priest. Today's homily really made me think. There is a lot of singing, the music is beautiful, and we get to hear everyone's beautiful voices because our parish has really been stressing participation in singing. The kids who go to the Children's liturgy are so cute. The babies make me smile, especially when they join us in our singing! And of course, I feel blessed that I am able to receive Jesus in the Eucharist. :heart:

Our church is beautiful, and I feel so lucky to live within walking distance from it. I'm thankful that I have the freedom to go to mass. It's the highlight of my week!

Hi!! Great to be positive. At my local Mass they always have beautiful music playing before Mass usually something like Taize music, and they’re choice of songs are really beautiful too!!:slight_smile:
The Priest is really lovely and happened to be my lecturer in my ecumenism class :slight_smile:

[quote="jreilly, post:4, topic:304868"]
We are truly blessed, aren't we?! Earlier in the week I attended a daily Mass that really spoke to me. I arrived at church feeling rather sorry for myself. The Mass readings that day were about picking up our crosses in our daily lives. Father's homily was as if it was written for me. Amazing when we hear just what we need isn't it?!

[/quote]

Yes I agree, this seems to happen a lot!!:)

As my DW and I are both going through the RCIA program, we have only been attending Mass for about 2-1/2monygs but, we absolutely love it. People, as a whole, are so friendly and our 15 month old son is very well behaved. Father is amazing and he has a way of making you feel the homily is just for you. Also, I was especially stoked today as I finally had my Rosary blessed!

:):):)Wonderful!!

May the SACRED HEART BLESS YOU!!!

Its always nice to hear a positive expierence, especially at Holy MASS !! :thumbsup::smiley:

It is without doubt the highlight of my week.

In a few years time, I hope to be able to go on a daily basis.

[quote="jreilly, post:4, topic:304868"]
We are truly blessed, aren't we?! Earlier in the week I attended a daily Mass that really spoke to me. I arrived at church feeling rather sorry for myself. The Mass readings that day were about picking up our crosses in our daily lives. Father's homily was as if it was written for me. Amazing when we hear just what we need isn't it?!

[/quote]

Indeed it is !

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.