Wonderful First Eucharistic Adoration

I just wanted to share this with you all…

As I mentioned in another thread, I went to my first confession Saturday afternoon(I actually made an appointment). Anyway, my parish was also having Eucharistic Adoration. I decided to go a little early so that I could go to Adoration and also to be there for the Benediction. Let me also say that this would be my first time ever going to Adoration. (I’ll be confirmed at the Easter Vigil this year).

I ended up running late and only got to participate in Adoration for about 30 min. before the Benediction, when I actually wanted an hour or two. But the 30 minutes I was there, I was overcome with emotion in realizing that this was the true body and blood of Jesus. I just began to cry. It was like Jesus was sitting beside me and wrapped me in his arms telling me he was there and that all would be ok! (I was really scared and nervous about going to confession, BTW:eek: ).

In any other church I’ve ever been in I’ve never felt so much emotion, love, and so many other things that I can’t even begin to describe. I truly felt that I was HOME!! Even while I’m typing this I’m about to start crying again. :tissues: I am just so happy and so glad and so excited I found the Catholic Church and that my first Eucharistic Adoration expierence was so wonderful!! :extrahappy:

I just wanted to share that with you all because this forum has really helped me in my journey home and I love you all for it!! :hug3:
Thank you all so much for your prayers!!! :gopray2:

God Bless,
Kristy
:angel1:

Welcome HOME! I know the feelings you are experiencing myself. Do not get discouraged if others around you are not feeling the same at the same moment. Sometimes it takes longer for people to get it! But you do! Congratulations. I will keep you in my prayers on Holy Saturday as you are received fully into the church!

Happy Easter! Keep coming to Adoration, the graces are amazing!

I am truly so happy for you! Thank you so much for sharing bits and pieces of your journey with all of us. You may never know who reads your posts and who may hear the call of conversion by reading your sentiments.

I continue to pray for you as I do all who are entering the Church at the Easter Vigil.

If you think this is great, what a week you have coming up beginning with Palm Sunday! With a bit of :extrahappy: added to a little of :crying: = a wonderful beginning to your lifelong journey as a Catholic!

Congradulations and Welcome Home!

Thanks! I’m really excited about Holy Week coming up. The only thing I’m upset about is the Holy Thursday Mass of the Lord’s Supper during the evening. I’ve got class that night and I don’t think I can get out of it:( .
Hopefully it will let out early though!!

God Bless you and Welcome Home:thumbsup:

Thank you for sharing your great experience at the Adoration with us.
It’s happened to me once after I went to confession and came for the Eucharistic Adoration.

For the Holy Thursday, if you would like to go to mass, you can check around in your area if they have morning mass?

Check out the Mass time for church in your area:
masstimes.org/dotnet/default.aspx

My parish has Mass every Monday, Thursday and Friday morning at 6:30 am. I was so bummed a couple of years ago when I got there for 6:30 Mass on Holy Thursday (like I had so many other Thursdays) and there was no one there! The Triduum seems to have a schedule and rhythm all of its own - which will probably not be included on Masstimes.org.

The Holy Thursday evening Mass goes on forever, so if your class ends early, you might be able to attend a significant part of the Mass. After Mass that night, most parishes have adoration of the Blessed Sacrament until midnight, which you can surely attend if your parish holds it. This is a wonderful time to spend with Our Lord, remembering the Agony in the Garden and the events that followed during the night.

This is a wonderful emotional time for you - all kinds of firsts and the feelings that come with them. I don’t want to be a wet blanket, but I do want to tell you that the feelings won’t last forever, and that’s not a problem, but a sign that you are maturing in faith. It’s like falling in love - you can’t go on forever unable to think, unable to eat, unable to do anything but dream of your new beloved. Eventually your love deepens and you settle into a life that’s less of a roller coaster. Your faith life will probably be like that, too, and that’s good.

God bless you for sharing your faith journey with us. I’m so glad for you!

Betsy

Angel-Rose you have surely been blessed by the Lord, have a wonderful faith journey.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.