"Word in the World" — Orthodoxy?

Is anyone familiar with the show “Word in the World” hosted by Father Mike Manning? It is a regular offering on our diocese’s Catholic television station.

Father Manning interviews a different guest on each show on some topic related to Christian life, social teaching, etc. I don’t watch it regularly, but on several occasions I have found the discussions to be vaguely questionable in terms of faithfulness to Catholic teaching.

Last week I caught the tail end of a show where he was interviewing (seemingly heretical) “Catholic” feminist theologian Rosemary Radford Ruether (online file at parishworldmedia.net/ ). I was horrified that this was aired on a Catholic station. (More about Ruether at ewtn.com/library/ISSUES/REUTHER.TXT )

Any reactions to this particular episode, or to “Word in the World” in general? Am I off base?

Hmm I did some checking on the president of this group Father Michael Manning and it seems that he is associated with Trinity Broadcasting Network, which is a Protestant Evangelical Organization that has on many occasions condemned the Catholic Faith as Apostasy. I think I would be very wary about anything from this group if I were you. Stick to a good truly Catholic Faithful Network EWTN.:thumbsup:

tbn.org/index.php/2/4/p/54.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.