Work for the Church

I am going to try to keep this as long story short as possible.

How do you begin to work for the Church?

I currently work in Public school setting. I am a Dean, and have minor admin duties, and have taught for a few years too. I have a B A in History, have retail experience, have worked for the Government in civil service too.

Enough of that. I would love to work for the Church. I would like to devote myself fully in worship and the sweat of my brow.

I know I serve a purpose being in evangelization central, front lines of atheism, so on and so forth but I would sure love to be encouraged to share my faith on a daily basis, without the possibility of jail-time, or getting fired or even just being written up.

Anybody have any ideas or comments?

Remember this is only hypothetical really. A where do I start kind of thing.

You start by talking to your pastor, other priests, your diocese's vocation director.

[quote="SonSearcher, post:1, topic:310748"]

I would sure love to be encouraged to share my faith on a daily basis, without the possibility of jail-time, or getting fired or even just being written up.

[/quote]

That is a problem as it is getting more and more dangerous to be a Christian today. We must accept the risk of persecution for our faith.

If you want to work as a teacher or administrator in a school, you should contact your diocese’s department of education and find out how to start your employment paperwork. If you are looking for another kind of position, I’m sure they have a website where they post available positions in their different ministries. If you are willing to relocate, you could look in other diocese websites as well. If you don’t with to leave your day job, you could certainly volunteer your time working with parish youth or in your parish ministries. Perhaps you would like to be a PSR instructor or director? You could also contact Catholic Charities or St. Vincent De Paul Society and offer to volunteer your time.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.