World War III is on its way, says poll of Western countries

msn.com/en-gb/news/world/world-war-iii-is-on-its-way-says-poll-of-western-countries/ar-BBxYTVT?li=BBoPWjQ

French people were most concerned about terrorism, with 81 per cent believing an attack would happen compared to just 11 per cent predicting there would be none.
Gee, I wonder why so many of the French would think that ?

I’m not too worried about it.

If it doesn’t come, then yay! If it does come, then I’m going to be too dead to care.

Am I too cynical? I’m too cynical.

WWIII is not on its way.

Nope.

Ed

I think there is a chance of it. World War 2 is passing out of living memory. Once it does, the chances of another world war increase. Coupled with the disturbing rise in popularity of nationalism across the Western world… It’s worrying.

I don’t expect it anytime soon, but I think serious internal fighting could break out in any number of countries in the West…

Americans seem to want war. Consider this: Since 1776, America Has Been At War 93% of the Time - 222 Out of 239 Years. As long as Americans want war and not peace, there is a possibility of WWIII.
globalresearch.ca/america-has-been-at-war-93-of-the-time-222-out-of-239-years-since-1776/5565946

:eek:

If there is, it will come in an unexpected form.

That time line is enormously generous in order to conform to the worldview the author wants to project. Barbary Pirates? Cold War? I’m not buying most of what I’m seeing.

We’re not moving toward WW3. Countries are becoming more nationalist in order to satisfy an ontological need of belonging, which has (unnecessarily) been removed from many people’s psyche as a result of globalization and demographic changes within their countries. They feel psychologically less secure in their place in the world, and so broods of vipers such as nationalists or Trump serve as an easy carrot to go after.

There’s a long leap from that to war though. The world is so deeply interconnected and interdependent on each other. The conditions right now are not nearly as dire as when Hitler was storming the Rhineland or Japanese bombers were flying over Manchuria. I think the most probable evils that we will be seeing in the coming decades will be terror, cyber terror, climate change, water & energy crisis, and the continued war with human behavior: how we are increasingly unable to cope with our unchecked sexuality and habits with video games, social media, online & digital tools, etc. The “wars” of the 21st century will be just as painful, but more hidden.

Fortunately, the Church has an abundance of every spiritual weapon necessarily in order to be victorious through every trial, so there is no need to be afraid.

…wars and rumors of wars. We live in interesting times. Pray!

You’re exactly right. It’s already halfway over.

I don’t get how people don’t see it. The US has been at war in the Middle East since 2001. Since the start of the Syrian civil war, Russia has been involved. Like it or not, the US and Russia are fighting proxy wars all over the Middle East. More and more States are being drawn into the overall context of the unrest, which could properly be called WWlll.

Europe is close to being drawn in further, with Turkey being destabilized.

I suppose this all boils down to semantics. While I don’t want to be insensitive to the many people that have lost loved ones, jobs, and long-term plans during these various proxy wars, these loses are still tiny compared to the carnage of WW1 & 2. So if we want to define these proxy wars & insurrections as a “WW3”, then WW3 is very tame compared to its predecessors.

Since the world is much more globalized, it almost goes without saying that in any major conflict, there are going to be a large assembly of nations that are in some way involved in it, which wouldn’t so much be the case during regional wars, indigenous wars, or colonial wars of the past. So in that sense, any conflict happening in the 21st century is going to involve “the world”.

It’s not over yet. That is to say, war.

No.
I tire of these doomsday thoughts and opinions of writers. :frowning:

That’s not true. The USA is already in WWIII against innocent babies. Since 1970, there have been more than 50 million innocent children murdered in the womb? That is a horrific war that the Americans have been waging against the defenseless. And it is all legal in America, with many Roman Catholic politicians and judges supporting it.

50 million defenseless people murdered in America since 1970 - I would say there is every reason to be afraid of what may come next.

No matter when WW3 happens, it is guaranteed, when WW4 rolls around, it will be fought with sticks and stones.

When evolution provides cats with thumbs.

Yup!

I have no doubt this would have happened if Clinton had been elected. Our current administration has been trying to gin up a war with Russia for some time. I am hoping that with Trump in the white house WWIII has been averted.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.