World's Toughest Catholic Quiz

For those who, like me, place a high premium on knowing what the Church teaches, I offer you this:

The World’s Toughest Catholic Quiz.

I take umbrage with the question on Contraception, because it doesn’t say ARTIFICIAL Contraception. NFP is contraception, simply the God intended way of doing it that remains open to life and is only done when serious reasons for doing so are present.

Contraception defined below:

Main Entry: con·tra·cep·tion : deliberate prevention of conception or impregnation

Mostly, I think it’s bitter grapes because I only scored a 16 out of 20. I hate being a ‘B’ student!

God Bless,
RyanL

I got 17-19 correct, but I’m still not good enough to be hired as an apologist! :frowning:

16 correct but I’m disappointed in me. :frowning:

harumph!! erk - arrgh! Need I say more?

I got 14, but have an excuse, I’m just now entering the church. :wink:

I got 15 correct and I’m not too happy. I should have paid better attention to some of the wording.
joeysmom :crying:

I disagree with question 5. Protestants may take communion in our Churches, but it requires a very special set of circumstances.

I missed three. But really…who can adequately explain the Trinity (whine, whine!). Yeah, alright, St. Thomas Aquinas.

I’m really, embarassed,though, about the other two…no, I’m not telling you which two.

19 correct, not bad for a heretic. No one can accuse me of not knowing the teachings, I just disagree with most of them.

Adam

Frustrating, I got 12 right, but many I knew the correct answer to but the wording of the choices sounded wrong :frowning:

Like the question about the Eucharist. I know the bread and wine cease to be present and become in essense the body and blood, but it still looks like bread and wine. The correct answer looked like what a non-catholic once thought we believed, that the bread and wine disapear and body and blood appear.

Ah oh well, guess I need to study up. :stuck_out_tongue:

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
Ok, maybe I shouldn’t be dancing, but I love that I got 14 - 16. I am a cradle Catholic with what I thought was a VERY basic understanding of my religion.

Argh! The first two question’s words threw me! lol
That test was much tougher than i thought it’d be. Got 14 of em right. wahoo!
I should give this test to my pastor lol

I got 18 out of 20

I do not agree with 15
Christs Divinity did not die on the cross. His Divinity remained united to His body in the grave and His Divinity remained united to His soul in the Limbo of the Fathers. The Second Person of the Trinity died on the Cross. God cannot die since He is ETERNAL.

I also do not believe 18 is correct. Canon Law does not allow all the administrative tasks of a parish to delegated to the parish council. When a parish has a Pastor he has certain administrative responsibilities that cannot be delegated. When there is no Pastor and “parish administrator” is assigned certain administrative duties but not all. I do not believe that if a parish is pastorless that the parish council assumes any pastoral administrative functions.

[quote=Br. Rich SFO]I got 18 out of 20

I do not agree with 15
Christs Divinity did not die on the cross. His Divinity remained united to His body in the grave and His Divinity remained united to His soul in the Limbo of the Fathers. The Second Person of the Trinity died on the Cross.
[/quote]

#15 doesn’t seem to be saying that His divinity died. His Divinity certainly remained united to His body wherever He went (I don’t think we can say it is Limbus Patronum if we are talking about theological certainties because this is purely speculative). The Second Person of the Trinity IS God, so to say that the Second Person died on the corss is to say that God died on the cross.

Any time a person dies their body ceases to function (until the resurrection anyways) and just gets stuck somewhere. A definition of death that one could give is to say that the person’s soul leaves his body and goes to the place of the dead. By Christ’s Divinity remaining joined to His human soul, it died. This doesn’t mean it stopped working or ceased to exist. This means it went to the place of the dead.

I think that to say otherwise is to lapse into Nestorianism. In fact, I think that the quiz actually agrees with your objection in saying of answer d, “Wrong, first because natures don’t die, persons do.”

I got 18 right, by the grace of God.
I got #8 wrong…I’m used to thinking of Religeous vocations that are not priestly as an “other” category…will adjust my thinking.

I puzzled over 15 for a long time…got it wrong. If it had been worded using “persons’” instead of “natures”, it might have cued me in better.

I thought is was a great quiz (but then i’m one of those weirdos that actually likes tests :hmmm: )

[quote=JKirkLVNV]I missed three. But really…who can adequately explain the Trinity (whine, whine!). Yeah, alright, St. Thomas Aquinas.

I’m really, embarassed,though, about the other two…no, I’m not telling you which two.
[/quote]

Neither am I. :o

[quote=Mordocai]Argh! The first two question’s words threw me! lol
That test was much tougher than i thought it’d be. Got 14 of em right. wahoo!
I should give this test to my pastor lol
[/quote]

I wouldn’t want to know my pastor’s score!

Not bad, not bad…15 right…considering that I ignored a good majority of Catholic teaching most of my life (til now, thank God!) :thumbsup:

I’m very disappointed in my score. I have recently taken to reading the CCC everyday in a bible/CCC annual reading plan. Maybe next year I will do better?:slight_smile:

16 out of 20. Thought id do better

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.