World's youngest preacher on the Today SHow this am

Just starting to watch this now.

A four-year old protestant boy who preaches like the old time Protestant pastors ala Swaggart etc.

What do you think of this? Should four year-olds be preaching?

I know Jesus preached and taught in the temple when he was 12, but this little fellow, as cute as he is, just seems bizarre to me..

Cannot comment on this case since I know nothing of the particulars.

As a rule though, while a 4 yo can imitate what he sees, he does not have the powers of reason necessary for ministering the Gospel.

Of course their could be exceptions to any rule, a prodigy, but such would be quite rare. A Quick Google for "4 year old preacher" turns up video's from 2008, 2010 and from this month. So it seems that this is not a terribly unique phenomenon.

It appears that National Geographic Channel is going to run a series called "Pint Sized Preachers" and this is probably part of the reason for the today show appearance.

Peace
James

I saw this. I would say he was just imitating what he watched his father do. He just kept repeating a few phrases.

These things are just silly.

Nothing wrong with the kids mind you - We use to “play mass” when we were kids. But putting little ones in these kinds of situations is just not good.

“Toddlers in Tiaras” keeps running through my mind…

Peace
James

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.