Worn out and something strange if happening

Throughout the latter half of this week, I’ve been struggling a lot with this lethargy in prayer, I just have this real hard time getting into my prayers and meditations.

At first I thought it was because my nighttime routine was slightly off and I wasn’t getting the right sleep, but now I’m starting to wonder if it’s something else. It’s really hard to describe, it’s not depression or something that’s tormenting me but, I feel this real warn-ness inside like, I really don’t know what, it’s really hard to describe. I need prayers that I can make it through tonight and deal with what tomorrow may bring.

Modern Catholic Dictionary

SLOTH.

Sluggishness of soul or boredom because of the exertion necessary for the performance of a good work. The good work may be a corporal task, such as walking; or a mental exercise, such as writing; or a spiritual duty, such as prayer. Implicit in sloth is the unwillingness to exert oneself in the performance of duty because of the sacrifice and the effort required.

As a sin, it is not to be confused with mere sadness over the inconvenience involved in fulfilling one’s obligations, nor with the indeliberate feelings of repugnance when faced with unpleasant work. It becomes sinful when the reluctance is allowed to influence the will and, as a result, what should have been done is either, left undone or performed less well than a person is responsible for doing.

Sloth may also mean a repugnance to divine inspirations or the friendship of God due to the self-sacrifice and labor needed to co-operate with actual grace or to remain in the state of grace. This kind of laziness is directly opposed to the love of God and is one of the main reasons why some people, perhaps after years of virtuous living, give up in the pursuit of holiness or even become estranged from God.

(Etym. Middle-English slowthe, slow.)

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death
Amen

For your improved mental health…
May the Lord show his Divine Mercy…
Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, Fatima, AMEN!

Please don’t lose heart. Prayers.

I’m praying for you. May God resolve your situation.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.