Worried about Clinton, Biden backer mulls another push for VP

EXETER, N.H. – Panic among some Democrats about Hillary Clinton running into trouble with Bernie Sanders is spreading so rapidly that the idea of drafting Vice President Joe Biden is popping up yet again.

Fox News has learned that a prominent backer of the “Draft Biden 2016” movement, Tulsa businessman Bill Bartmann, fired off an email Friday afternoon to several dozen Democratic allies musing about the possibility of reviving the push for Biden.

“I would urge all of you to join me in ‘keeping our powder dry’ until we see if for the good of the party and the country, we should resurrect (sic) the Draft Biden movement,” Bartmann wrote to fellow Democrats who had been involved in trying to draft Biden last year.

foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/05/worried-about-clinton-biden-backer-mulls-another-push-for-vp.html

All savvy dems know this election is a lost cause, which is why only last chance charlies put their hat into the ring. It’s really now or never for the likes of Hillary, Bernie, and Joe.

Anyone else with potential is saving their reputation for the next cycle.

Nice thinking! I hope that’s true! It’s really pathetic to see Hillary disliked and distrusted by people everywhere. She got no claps but boos in the democratic debate. Kind of feel sorry for her. Why is she doing this to herself?

Well, could Reid, Pelosi, Wasserman-Schultz, Rangel, Cummings, Jackson-Lee or Waters win a national election?

One commentator pointed out she’ll shine with minority voters on Super Tuesday.

That may also be why Sander’s success in some of the general election polling may be overstated.

If anyone thought Hillary’s numbers fell fast…and remember, she was supposed to be inevitable.

Hillary for prison 2016! :thumbsup:

Biden will be 74 this year. He’s too old to cut the mustard any more.

She’s power hungry and delusional. Everything she did up to now was supposed to culminate in the moment of glory in January 2017. She didn’t account for the ravages of time and the fact that even in this corrupt world, you can run but not hide.

You are suggesting the dregs of the barrel, not the cream. Reid and Pelosi need to retire and give the next generation a chance.

I think Elizabeth Warren has a shot in 4 yrs, when she can run against GOP policy rather than be defending Obama.

Bernie Sanders is already 74.

This can’t be true. You know Fox is not a reputable news source:)

Just bc your 73 that doesn’t make you “old”. Reagan for his second term, he was 73, I don’t think it was a major issue.

You know our popes, their not young guys, Benedict was 78, Francis was 73 when elected.

I think somebody like Biden can bring some restoration to the party. If I were Biden I would even say, if nominated I will have a republican running mate (i.e., kasich or McCain or Santorum or even Paul Ryan)

We hear all our politicians that we need to reach to the other side. Well then let’s do so.

I don’t think Joe is interested.

But he would be a very good candidate if he did run.

Ouch!:smiley:

the world’s quickest birth!

Biden isn’t going to run. People need to let that fairy tale go.
People need to look beyond NH.

It’s a long way to 2500 delegates to secure the nomination. A.VERY.LONG.WAY.

It’s not a fairy tale. Him running would not be so polarizing like Hilary would be. Biden, although people don’t like him bc they state he puts his foot in his mouth, has a good track record. He would bring some seriousness to the Democratic Party and stop the circus tour that is Sanders and Clinton.

Plus if he ran, the Republicans also have their own circus. Trump won’t go away, Bush is going to push. Rubio is fighting Cruz whose fighting Christie whose fighting Kasich.

If Biden ran, he would take off I believe and have a lot of support.

Biden has been a big enabler of abortion and was instrumental with Ted Kennedy in blocking the nomination of Robert Bork to the Supreme Court of the United States where Bork was considered constitutional and a vote to overturn abortion on demand. It is my understanding that Catholics simply can not vote for the likes of Joe Biden and others of that party.

It’s late in the game for anyone to get into the race, they’d have to worry about write-in campaigns.

It is a fairy tale. He has said time and time again that he is not going to run. People just refuse to listen to him. He is still deeply grieving the loss of his son, as per his own words, right before the SOTU.

Not quite that clear cut according to Ratzinger.

What Pope Benedict said, when he was still Cardinal Ratzinger and prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, for guidance on this issue.

“A Catholic would be guilty of formal cooperation in evil, and so unworthy to present himself for Holy Communion, if he were to deliberately vote for a candidate precisely because of the candidate’s permissive stand on abortion and/or euthanasia. When a Catholic does not share a candidate’s stand in favor of abortion and/or euthanasia, but votes for that candidate for other reasons, it is considered remote material cooperation, which can be permitted in the presence of proportionate reasons” (“Worthiness to Receive Holy Communion: General Principles”).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.