Worried about Clinton, Biden backer mulls another push for VP

Biden would do better than Blumberg, if Hillary drops out.

0 Likes

biden, Pelosi and other pro choice politicians who claim to be catholic should be publicly excommunicated for scandalizing Christ’s church :mad:

0 Likes

Hillary will win the nomination. She is tied with Sanders in delegate count coming out of New Hampshire. However, she has 364 Super Delegates already in her camp–Sanders has 8. She has a lot of strength in the south and will likely take the next primaries. She is way ahead in the polls in SC and Michigan.

I predict Hillary wins the nomination and then she will select Sanders as her running mate, which would pull in all those Sanders’ voters.

Then, they faceoff against the GOP ticket, and if that is Trump, Hillary will become President.

0 Likes

Wondering what is “proportionate” to killing millions of babies per year. Seems like free community college education falls a long way short of that.

0 Likes

I think this Catechism paragraph seals the deal:

*2270 Human life must be respected and protected absolutely from the moment of conception. From the first moment of his existence, a human being must be recognized as having the rights of a person - among which is the inviolable right of every innocent being to life.72 *

I don’t know how anyone gets around that language–“From the moment of his existence, a human being must…”

It doesn’t say maybe, or can be–it says it must be recognized as having the rights of a person. Done. Over. No wiggle room at all.

0 Likes

Maybe so, and it seems likely, but Trump could cut deeply into her “normal” support if he plays his cards right. I don’t think the “Trump show” is over yet, and I don’t think he has done everything he could do yet, either. Whether he’ll successfully transition from “drama queen” to “the guy who actually knows how to get you a good job” is unknown. But it’s not beyond the realm of possibility. How much of the “blue collar” vote (which includes a lot of blacks and no few Hispanics who have lived here for generations) can Hillary afford to lose?

Trump isn’t my choice among the Repubs, but I don’t think Hillary Clinton’s election is a given, even if Trump is nominated.

0 Likes

I don’t think the Hillary election is a given (in the general), but I don’t think Trump can win the general because there are just too many people who will not support him. He has spent so much effort proving how outside he is, and he has spent so much effort showing the nation how rude and tough he is, that in the general many people will remember that. He’s given the Democrats so much to use against him in the general.

0 Likes

I don’t see Hillary choosing Sanders as her running mate.

0 Likes

Maybe they can pick up some of these voters youtube.com/watch?v=33D3NOl0-ag

0 Likes

And they have children…

0 Likes

Agree, I don’t think he would want to play her second fiddle and frankly, the Dems need to introduce some new blood on the stage. Maybe Elizabeth Warren, or someone off the radar at this time. The articles I’ve skimmed only suggest mostly other old white guys and a few African Americans I’m not familiar with.

That was scary.

0 Likes

that link didn’t work well for me and it wouldn’t replay.

who would want to be second fiddle to Hillary?

0 Likes

I disagree. Hillary would be smart to choose Sanders as a running mate, and if you listened to some of Sanders’ comments at the debate, he express respect for Hillary several times. In truth, Sanders likes to be involved and at 74 years old, how can he be more involved than to be President or Vice President?

If Hillary chose Sanders, she would benefit from gaining all those Bernie voters. Historically, VP spots are chosen for pragmatic reasons–to help the Presidential candidate win. I can think of no other running mate that could help Hillary win more than Sanders.

0 Likes

what do you mean Bernie voters? they are both democrats.
you mean someone would vote for a republican instead if they didn’t like Hillary?

0 Likes

You really believe that? I will be here on election night 2016 as I was on 2012 celebrating a Democratic victory. Should I copy your post for reference?

I have no doubts about it.

0 Likes

Not everyone votes, so that might mean the difference between having a voter stay home or go and vote. Also not all voters are divided into Republicans or Democrats. It could sway the voter unaffiliated with any party.

0 Likes

I guess I could copy your post as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

You bet! :smiley:

0 Likes

There are some in the middle who would vote for Bernie, but perhaps not vote at all if Hillary is the candidate.

0 Likes

I like Bernie and it will be interesting to see how it all works out between the two of them. I wouldn’t vote for either of them, but I hope Bernie wins the nomination over Hillary. He will have his work cut out for him.

0 Likes

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.