Worried I Invalidated my 'First Confession'

Back before I was getting Confirmed in April 2009, I did my ‘First Confession’ (it was not actually my literal first Confession, but it was basically when I went back and did a general Confession back to my Baptism).

Anyway, one of the things I confessed was writing up several really nasty posts for a message board RPG (it was just nasty and inappropriate and disgusting) and this would have been several years ago. I was just trying to be disgusting/sick for the sake of it I guess or I don’t know, I went through that stage of nastiness and wanting to gross people out or I don’t know. Anyway, I Confessed this at that ‘First Confession’, even though this may well have occurred before my Baptism (a part of me was almost certain it did, so it need not be confessed, but a part of me worried), but I think I forgot to mention that I might have gotten kind of, in a sick and perverted way, possibly aroused or something. Did that invalidate that Confession several months ago?

Remember, the Confession occurred sometime before April and the actual event in question occurred several years ago (possibly before my Baptism). Am I just being Scrupulous again?

GOD ONLY EXPECTS US TO BE SORRY FOR OUR SINS AND TO REMEMBER THEM THE BEST THAT WE CAN… opps sorry about caps

If you didn’t conspire to lie ,nor to tell an untruth ,or to with hold something on purpose you did the best you could…Mention it to the priest the next time you confess…and make an act of contrition to feel better

If you weren’t sorry you wouldn’t be worried

If you simply forgot to mention a sin, and didn’t deliberately withhold it, your confession was valid.

*I have gotten to the point in my life (age) that I do not always remember all that I would like to, so I find myself confessing a sin that I might have already confessed before in the Confessional, wanting to be on the safe side … but this is silly, for if you sincerely forget a sin or part of a sin, and you are truly sorry for all your sins, you are forgiven.
If you still feel worried about your “First Confession” being invalid, go back to Confession. God is so Good!!!
God Bless You,
Angel Face

If you just forgot that part of it, rather than intentionally withhold it from the priest, your Confession was valid :slight_smile: if you forgot it, you can just say it in your next Confession… but yes you were forgiven in that case :slight_smile: God bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.