worry and anxiety

Please pray for me! I have so many worries.

I’m interviewing for a job next week that will bring me closer to the man I want to be with, but I’m so consumed with worry.

For example, if I’m offered this job, it will pay less than what I currently make and put me in a higher rent market and it’s a big risk to move there, if he decides to change his mind.

I know he wants children. He keeps talking about our future children. And I’m worried, because I’m 41, that I may not be able to easily have children, and what if this is a deal breaker? (I know he’s not very excited about adoption.)

I want this to work. I do love him and I want to be with him, but this is seriously scary business.

I’ve had a lifetime of rejection and I don’t know that I can face any more. I realize this is probably some kind of cold feet, but I need prayer. Please pray for me.

(I’m not looking for advice, so please avoid giving it or making judgments about the relationship. But if you’re moved to do so, please simply pray for me.)

Thank you.
lily

Remembering you in my daily prayers. God bless :slight_smile:

Praying my heart out for you.

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

:signofcross:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

You have my prayers and my understanding. :hug1::blessyou:

Thank you.

God is trying to tell you something. i pray you will listen.

Um, this is exactly what I mean. Judge not, lest ye be judged. I do not care to bare the entirety of all that is going on in my life, but if I’m going to take your "challenge,"I suspect if God is trying to tell me anything, it’s that I cannot trust anyone. I have been abandoned and hurt for my entire life. Why would I be denied marriage and a child? Is God trying to tell me I am unworthy of love and companionship?

Or, maybe what God is trying to tell me is that I have an anxiety disorder, which I’ve had all my life, because of parental abuse and neglect during my life and the inability to trust. Maybe is that what he’s trying to tell me?

Yeah. Precisely why I ask only for prayer. If you want to be a troll, go join a gamer listserv. You know nothing of me or my situation and it’s a reason I don’t spend much time here and immediately regret asking for the prayer of strangers. It’s people like you who seem to think they have the answers and knowledge, and that pushes people away.

If you’re moved to pray for me, please do so. But kindly keep your opinions to yourself.

pax.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen***

:crossrc:

Our Father please hear Lily’s prayers and ours for her.

Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil. Amen

:grouphug::blessyou:
Francie

Dear Lord, please guide Lily through this time of change in her life. May she make the decisions that are right for her and lead her to a happy future. Amen.

Those who love Your law have great peace,
And nothing causes them to stumble. Psalm 119:165

Dear God of Peace, thank you for loving us and giving us peace. Help us to love your law in a deeper, more fuller way so that we build our faith in your promises. Thank you for Lily’s life and her concern for her relationship with you. Please guide and direct her to find the peace and security that she is craving. Please forgive us our sins. In Jesus name, AMEN

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Father please guide and protect Lily, and give her the grace and opportunities she needs to live a full life according to Your kind will.

Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil. Amen

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Amen.

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular (Maggie and her husband), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

For Help in Trials

Most holy apostle St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the name of the traitor who delivered your beloved Master into the hands of His enemies has caused you to be forgotten by many. But the Church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases–of things despaired of. Pray for me who feels so hopeless. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege accorded to you of bringing visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need, that I may receive the consolations and succor of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations and sufferings, in particular (Maggie and her husband), and that I may bless God with you and all the elect throughout eternity. I promise you, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, and I will never cease to honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to do all in my power to encourage devotion to you.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.