Worst anti-catholic site yet?

priestsofdarkness.com

:whacky:
%between%

Wow, I hadn’t heard of an actual excommunication in this country in that last 50 years, even if it is at the person’s request, it is interesting that the bishop of Sante Fe actually excommunicated him.

Didn’t read a lot of it, maybe the kookiest. That big red/black gaudy banner would have been cool back in 1995, kinda old-fashioned web design these days. :o

Phil P

I saw the 1st page and decided I didn’t need to know what the rest was about.
maggiec

[quote=maggiec]I saw the 1st page and decided I didn’t need to know what the rest was about.
maggiec
[/quote]

Agreed makes me want to puke. :mad:

Ranks right up there at the top for me too. :mad:

The line that says…

Check out my other web sites on UFO’s, conspiracies and more

pretty much sums up this lunatic

Talk about hate - the first page (all I could take) is full of it. And what’s this about asking to be excommunicated? Couldn’t he have just resigned his membership?

John

[quote=Racer X]priestsofdarkness.com

[/quote]

It’s in the top ten that I have seen.

[quote=Racer X]priestsofdarkness.com

[/quote]

Well, I’d say this guy is getting what he’s looking for, more web sites hits in an attempt to sell books.
Not worth a moments notice.
Why waste the thread space for this type of nonsense?
Your not his PR guy, are you? :wink:

jesusislord.com is pretty vile.

At least, I think that is the right URL.

edit The first link is pretty tame and not really anti catholic at all.

The correct link is jesus-is-lord.com/

Seems pretty boring but man, they don’t like the Church.

[quote=Lurker]jesusislord.com is pretty vile.

At least, I think that is the right URL.

edit The first link is pretty tame and not really anti catholic at all.

The correct link is jesus-is-lord.com/

Seems pretty boring but man, they don’t like the Church.
[/quote]

Yeah they’re histrionic, but as vile as the first site posted. A time of accounting is coming, though… God does not let sins go unanswered…

This site:
raptureready.com is very anti-Catholic. Go there for fun. Tell them you’re Catholic and see what happens! I was banned within two days, and didn’t even get a warning. (I no longer see a link to their messageboard though).

This site:
christianity.com is also very anti-Catholic. Again, tell them you’re Catholic, and then post a link to a Catholic bookstore, just to see what happens. I got banned for posting a link to www.tanbooks.com. The moderator said I posted a link to “occultist material.” They also banned me without warning, too. I found out why after I emailed one of the people running the website. (The link to their messagboard is at the top in small letters). Oh, It only took about a week to get banned from this site. Me and my big Holy mouth!)

[quote=jiml8966]The line that says…

Check out my other web sites on UFO’s, conspiracies and more

pretty much sums up this lunatic
[/quote]

Are you implying that those who believe in UFOs are lunatics?

Anyway, if you read his UFO page, he implies that he does not believe in aliens. I think that it is just a web site *about *the UFO phenomena.

Considering his article output and evident wide knowledge, he seems extremely capable.

You may, of course, feel free to disagree with his conclusions about Catholicism.

Clarkal

These sites that you’ve posted are only vile or scary if you are weak in the faith. For those of us who are strong in Christ, who hold to the Traditions of the Apostles, these site beg me to pray for the repentance and conversion of the people behind them. Since Love is the ultimate service we can give our fellow man, I ask, where is the love in these websites? They are baseless and intentionally untruthful. Someone who intentionally misrepresents the truth is not someone who loves the children of God. He who loves God, loves the Truth.

[quote=Apologia100]These sites that you’ve posted are only vile or scary if you are weak in the faith.
[/quote]

Really?

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars–their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." (Rev 21:8)

Hmmmmmm.

For those of us who are strong in Christ, who hold to the Traditions of the Apostles, these site beg me to pray for the repentance and conversion of the people behind them.

I don’t become blind to evil, and then beg that argument that they just need prayer - while ignoring the fact if vileness. Sounds contradictory to me. Seems a person strong in the faith, would know vileness when they see it; keenly.

Since Love is the ultimate service we can give our fellow man, I ask, where is the love in these websites? They are baseless and intentionally untruthful. Someone who intentionally misrepresents the truth is not someone who loves the children of God. He who loves God, loves the Truth.

Doesn’t mean these sites aren’t vile.

For the body, inasmuch as it is the body, is even beneath the soul; and every soul, however vile, is found more excellent than the most excellent body.(Augustine, Exposition on the Psalms)

Was this Doctor, Saint and Father weak in the faith then?

Reply to Objection 2. In human acts, the more grievous is not always the more vile.(Summa Theologica, Whether Quarreling is a More Grievous Sin than Flattery?)

Maybe this Saint and Doctor got it all wrong by recognizing vileness? How can we correct an evil, if we don’t recognize it?

Although this site is pretty bad I still say that the Former Catholics For Christ website/forum still holds the title ‘Hell on the Internet’

those people are evil! EVIL!!!

[quote=CathAnFanatical]Although this site is pretty bad I still say that the Former Catholics For Christ website/forum still holds the title ‘Hell on the Internet’

[T]hose people are evil! EVIL!!!
[/quote]

Well I try not to judge who is evil and good, but I can say if someone’s behavior meets the standard of holiness or not. :wink:

Okay, clarification. Objectively, those sites are vile. They are only scary if you are weak in your faith. I should have been more clear in my explanation, thanks for picking that up.

[quote=Apologia100]Okay, clarification. Objectively, those sites are vile. They are only scary if you are weak in your faith. I should have been more clear in my explanation, thanks for picking that up.
[/quote]

Sure.:slight_smile: But I don’t know about the scariness issue either.

Scary because you think it will destroy your faith? You are right on this issue, IMO, such fear indicates a weakness of faith.

Scarey because you fear the social fallout of these sites, for the sake of those weak in faith? This is pure holiness, IMO.

Scarey because you fear for your physical well-being and the physical well-being of your loved ones, if a society physically hostile to Catholics is created because of these websites? I have no problem with this kind of emotional fear, such fear motives people to good.

But we also need to have a sense of spiritual detachment about about being physically threatened. God is the final arbitrator of such things, and He is All-Good. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.