Worst Bushfire in Recorded Australian History: 108 confirmed dead; death toll expected to rise

In the state of Victoria in Australia, firefighters are continuing to fight the worst bushfires in recorded history. At least 108 are confirmed dead and the death toll is expected to rise because firefighters are continuing to fight more than 30 bushfires…

If interested, please follow the details of the news on Special Broadcasting Service, Australia (and other Australian news sources):

sbs.com.au/

This is to request prayers for:

the loved ones and friends of victims, 108 dead and death toll expected to rise;

the injured, those fighting for their lives in hospitals and those whose burns will leave scars of varying degrees affecting them for the rest of their lives;

the firefighters, who are defying sleep and exhaustion to fight the fires, and sometimes have to pay for their work with their lives;

the arsonists, who need to be healed and converted in heart. Every summer more than half the bushfires are lit by arsonists! There is no reason to doubt that arsonists have had a direct hand in some of the bushfires (arrests of two suspects have already been made);

helpers everywhere.

i will be praying for them.

God bless

Praying for your intentions.God Bless you. Peace.

This is the third thread about this, and that’s great but a little confusing. Can a mod/admin merge the three threads?

My prayers go out to the Australian people at this time…May God pour rain upon all the fires and dry up the floods…May the people that perished in these natural disasters rest in peace…In Jesus Name we pray …Amen…Warmly, LynneMarie

I cannot believe you are going through this; my prayers are with all of you in these disastrous times!!

Praying to intercessors through Jesus!
Blessed Virgin Mary - Pray for us!
St. Florian - Pray for us!
St. Jude - Pray for us!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thanks immensely for your prayers Anthon6, Handyman Jim, LynnMarie, OL Hope, St Gabriel…The worst is not over yet.

More than 750 homes have been lost, so those people will need prayers too for they have become refugees now. Many of them will have the additional pain of coping with the loss of loved ones and friends.

JakobSprenger, I started this thread without noticing the two earlier ones. It was not intentional. Since I first posted it first as a news item, I posted it again as prayer intention. One thread has been moved.

I will pray.

I am praying for everything that you mentioned. Jesus, please send rain to put out them fires. Send that rain fast please.

*Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
pray for us sinners now
Amen.

*August Queen of the Heavens, heavenly sovereign of the Angels, Thou who from the beginning received from God the power and the mission to crush the head of Satan, we humbly beseech Thee to send Your holy Legions, so that under Thy command and through Thy power, they may pursue the demons and combat them everywhere, suppress their boldness, and drive them back into the abyss. Who is like God? O good and tender Mother, Thou will always be our love and hope! O Divine Mother, send Thy Holy Angels to defend me and to drive far away from me the cruel enemy. Holy Angels and Archangels, defend us, guard us. Amen.

Praying!

Praying

173 bodies so far found.
Thank you for all your prayers.

Thanks for all the prayers here and prayers and help being offered from around the world, including from President Obama.

Police fear that the death toll may rise to 300 or more.

sbs.com.au/news/article/1008311/Obama-offers-US-help-to-fight-Victoria-fires

sbs.com.au/news/article/1008307/Police-fear-death-toll-will-climb-to-300

Still praying for the survivors and an end to the fires and floods…In Jesus Name We Pray…Amen…Sis In Christ, LynneMarie

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

I am praying for everything that you mentioned. Jesus, please send rain to put out them fires. Send that rain fast please.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Amen

*Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee. *
*Blessed art thou amongst women *
*Holy Mary, Mother of God *
*pray for us sinners now *
*and at the hour of our death. *
Amen.

August Queen of the Heavens, heavenly sovereign of the Angels, Thou who from the beginning received from God the power and the mission to crush the head of Satan, we humbly beseech Thee to send Your holy Legions, so that under Thy command and through Thy power, they may pursue the demons and combat them everywhere, suppress their boldness, and drive them back into the abyss. Who is like God? O good and tender Mother, Thou will always be our love and hope! O Divine Mother, send Thy Holy Angels to defend me and to drive far away from me the cruel enemy. Holy Angels and Archangels, defend us, guard us. Amen.

Continuing to pray for Australia. God Bless You. Peace.

Still praying.

*Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
Holy Mary, Mother of God
pray for us sinners now
Amen.

*August Queen of the Heavens, heavenly sovereign of the Angels, Thou who from the beginning received from God the power and the mission to crush the head of Satan, we humbly beseech Thee to send Your holy Legions, so that under Thy command and through Thy power, they may pursue the demons and combat them everywhere, suppress their boldness, and drive them back into the abyss. Who is like God? O good and tender Mother, Thou will always be our love and hope! O Divine Mother, send Thy Holy Angels to defend me and to drive far away from me the cruel enemy. Holy Angels and Archangels, defend us, guard us. Amen.

Still praying in Jesus name

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.