Worst Bushfire in Recorded Australian History: 108 confirmed dead; death toll expected to rise

As someone whose family has been directly affected by these fires, I’d like to thank you all for your prayers; once again they seem to have been answered:

Source: news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25042195-661,00.html

Bushfire relief as milder conditions help firefighting efforts

MILDER conditions have helped Victorian firefighters keep two major bushfires from merging as leaders discuss an early warning sysytem.

Rain and cooler conditions overnight gave firefighters some respite as they continued to battle 21 fires that are still out of control.

Fears have now eased that two major fires, Gippsland’s Bunyip Ridge blaze and the Yea-Murrindindi fires to the north, may join unless protective work keeps them apart.

…Department of Sustainability and Environment (DSE) spokesman Stuart Ord said firefighters would take advantage of the milder weather in the next few days to continue backburning and move more equipment and fighters into the fire edges to ensure they do not join up.

"Because it’s cool, (there is) a little moisture in the air, the winds are very low, the weather conditions have been very favourable for what we have been trying to achieve,’’ he said.

In the south, some rain has fallen on the deadly Churchill-Jeeralang blaze and another burning out of control in the Wilsons Promontory National Park.

In Beechworth, firefighters were also close to keeping that fire behind containment lines, Mr Ord said.

Mr Ord said the milder weather was helping firefighters make good progress in constructing containment lines.

"The weather’s going to be reasonably cool and calm today and for the next few days.

"That’s going to help our firefight effort in terms of getting our people and equipment to the fire edge and get containment lines in,’’ he said.

Thankyou all again for your prayerful efforts.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen

For those who have lost so much and those battling the blazes …

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

praying

Praying not only for rain but also for safety of the firefighters and others. Jesus please have mercy on these souls and help the fires to be extinguished.

*Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

*August Queen of the Heavens, heavenly sovereign of the Angels, Thou who from the beginning received from God the power and the mission to crush the head of Satan, we humbly beseech Thee to send Your holy Legions, so that under Thy command and through Thy power, they may pursue the demons and combat them everywhere, suppress their boldness, and drive them back into the abyss. Who is like God? O good and tender Mother, Thou will always be our love and hope! O Divine Mother, send Thy Holy Angels to defend me and to drive far away from me the cruel enemy. Holy Angels and Archangels, defend us, guard us. Amen.

Continued prayers

praying

Praying For Australia

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Amen

*Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee. *
*Blessed art thou amongst women *
*Holy Mary, Mother of God *
*pray for us sinners now *
*and at the hour of our death. *
Amen.

August Queen of the Heavens, heavenly sovereign of the Angels, Thou who from the beginning received from God the power and the mission to crush the head of Satan, we humbly beseech Thee to send Your holy Legions, so that under Thy command and through Thy power, they may pursue the demons and combat them everywhere, suppress their boldness, and drive them back into the abyss. Who is like God? O good and tender Mother, Thou will always be our love and hope! O Divine Mother, send Thy Holy Angels to defend me and to drive far away from me the cruel enemy. Holy Angels and Archangels, defend us, guard us. Amen.

August Queen of the Heavens, heavenly sovereign of the Angels, Thou who from the beginning received from God the power and the mission to crush the head of Satan, we humbly beseech Thee to send Your holy Legions, so that under Thy command and through Thy power, they may pursue the demons and combat them everywhere, suppress their boldness, and drive them back into the abyss. Who is like God? O good and tender Mother, Thou will always be our love and hope! O Divine Mother, send Thy Holy Angels to defend me and to drive far away from me the cruel enemy. Holy Angels and Archangels, defend us, guard us. Amen.

Jesus, please send rain to put out them fires. Send that rain fast please.

hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Amen

Amen.

189 comfirmed dead now. In Jesus’ name, Father, please have mercy on the souls of the dead, and please have compassion on their families. Please comfort and help them. Please heal the survivors and the many homeless, and grant them what they need. Thank You, Father

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

deeply praying

Still praying

Jesus, we are begging you, please send rain to put out them fires. Send that rain fast please.

hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Amen

Amen.

Jesus, we are begging you, HELP!!!please send rain to put out them fires. Send that rain fast please.

hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Amen

Amen.

hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come,
Amen

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.