Worst movie lines

There was a thread about the most memorable movie lines. This is about those lines which are so awful that they’re unintentionally funny. I remember one right now. Years ago I saw a TV special about movies of the past, and they gave an example of really bad dialogue.
In the scene from an old black & white film, a guy gazes lovingly at a very blonde woman and says, “Your hair is like a field of daisies in the moonlight. I want to run barefoot through your hair.”

Can anyone else give an example?

“Adriannnnnnnnnnnn!!!”

God bless

The worse line I can recall is when John Wayne, playing Genghis Khan (no kidding–perhaps the worse mis-casting ever) uttered the phrase This Tartar woman is for me, and my blood says take her. It is not only the phrase itself but the way Wayne said it in his cowboy iconic way.

“Love means never having to say I’m sorry” in Love Story.

A Time to Kill, by John Grisham, was made into a movie. The book was great and had a pivotal courtroom scene. But, in the movie they cut the entire turning point in one sentence that was just slaughtered.

Mathew McConaughey blurts out the line, “Now pretend she was white.”

Worst line ever.

“You had me at Hello.” from Jerry McGuire.

Well, since the worst movie I remember ever seeing was the Fifth Element (which isn’t about boron, strangely:nerd: ), and I just remember a few lines from it, I nominate “Me fifth element. Me supreme being. Me protect you.”

Hehe - you’ve got to see ‘Greatest Story Ever Told’.

Picture it - the movie reaches the iconic classic scene of Jesus’ death on the cross, great performances from everyone, especially Max von Sydow as Jesus. The skies darken, the earth quakes … and there goes Duke’s unmistakable drawl, ‘Trooly this was the son o’ Gahd!’

I don’t care how many times I live to see that movie, it will be guaranteed to crack me up every single time, and gets my vote as probably the worst-delivered line I’ve ever heard.

Movie: Volcano (1997)

“We’re going to put as many people in front of it as it takes.”

Tommy Lee Jones speaking of a volcano that’s erupted in the middle of L.A.

It’s cliche’, but I can’t believe no one’s mentioned…

“Nobody puts Baby in a corner”.

In a nutshell… just about every script from Lifetime movies.

Sometimes I just like to watch Lifetime movies just for the bad scripts. One person always seems stereotypically hyper-emotional or something.

From "What’s Up, Doc?:

Barbra Streisand: Love means never having to say you’re sorry.
**Ryan **O’Neal: That’s the dumbest thing I ever heard.

“I don’t know you anymore. Anakin, you’re breaking my heart.”

-Star Wars Episode III

I wanted to scream at my TV.

(Surprised no one had mentioned it yet!)

:rotfl:
I never saw it. But I can totally see it.

I can top that one…

“You’re in my soul, tormenting me.”

-Star Wars Episode II

Also, anything by Jar-Jar Binks. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I think I have just tried to block out I, II, and III. Not that the other ones didn’t have their bad moments…but I, II, and III were just unbearable (imho).

“Get up, you son of a *****, 'cause Mickey loves ya!”
-A very ill-looking Burgess Meredith, appearing as a ghost to inspire Rocky to win a street fight against Tommy Gunn in the incredibly ill-thought out Rocky V.

Yes, that’s give Rocky brain damage and take all his money so that we can make a “realistic” movie that involves the ghost of Mickey.

OOOH! OOOH! OOOH!!!

I’d forgotten about that movie! Wonderfully, breathtakingly awful! NOT TO BE MISSED!

The Duke also gets to say ‘You are beautiful in your wrath’-- the line isn’t terrible, but the delivery will leave you in stitches.

I saw a commercial which I think was supposed to be a parody on that.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.