Worst song ever?

:eek:

Let the listener beware!!!

OK, what song is YOUR nominee? :smiley:

Focus, really? That song was always meant to be a joke by them, but I could imagine far worse.

youtube.com/watch?v=skQNf7u-uc0

Like that.:eek:

Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don’t think that I can take it
Cuz it took so long to bake it
And I’ll never have that recipe again
Oh no!

youtube.com/watch?v=GHS8hj4TdT8

The opening for the English Yu-Gi-Oh! GX:

youtube.com/watch?v=s8AGYUNumcU&feature=related

I love Precious Time Glory Days

and the Teardrop opening

Haha, I just lost it with the yodelling!

I’d have to nominate ‘save your love’ by Renee and Renato - youtube.com/watch?v=wX2bjYmUM5U

2 come to mind:

It’s a small world

This one is of the same genre-
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they’ll just keep on singing it until the day is done… This is the song that never ends…

My wife and I went to Disney World for our honeymoon a couple of years ago and we walked by that ride. She said, “Can we go on that one?”“NO!” I replied quickly and instinctively. I used to live in Florida and have been to Disney close to fifteen times. I avoid that one.:eek:

Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer

youtube.com/watch?v=eFCBPR-LcO8&feature=related

Can’t listen to Disturbed without getting a headache, don’t even find their music disturbing. (It’s made even worse by the fact that this song is all over the radio, probably because it’s top on the mainstream rock charts.)

I’d post Heart-Shaped Box (the Nirvana one, not the Evanescence cover, which made it somehow bearable.), but the music vid is, for lack of a better term, rather trippy.

But, in Nirvana’s defense, I would not hesitate to include Smells Like Teen Spirit as one of my favorite songs. But still, post-grunge is more my thing.

Not counting jokes, demos, and parodies (basically anything that wasn’t a serious commercial release is disqualified, or I’d have you all listening to that version of ‘O Holy Night’ again), I’d have to give it to Avril Lavigne’s ‘Complicated’. Her singing sucks, her lyrics suck, the music sucks, and no, she is not ‘punk’ in any sense of the term, from ‘aggressive counterculture’ to ‘baby elephant’ to ‘twink’.

“FEELINGS. . .woah woah woah FEELINGS. . .woah woah woah. . .FEELINGS. . .again in my heart. . .”

Runners up that haven’t already been posted:

Sailing (Christopher Cross)

I Am, I said (Neil Diamond). Come on: And no one heard at all, not even the chair? Since when do chairs hear ANYTHING?

Don’t Worry, Be Happy.

Drop Kick Me Jesus Through the Goal Post of Life. (Yes, it is really a song.)

You Light up my life.

Elton John (trying desperately to find the notes) singing “Circle of Life”.

Frank Sinatra (whom I otherwise admire tremendously) doing “New York, New York”. Come to think of it, ANYBODY doing, “New York, New York.” (Great city though).

Memory from Cats. . .should have a 20 year moratorium before ANYBODY sings it.

“Tomorrow” from “Annie”.

Most anything the Rolling Stones do. Sorry, I never got ‘into’ them. Ever. But it’s MY nominations.

Louie Louie.

Well, those are starters. I’m getting sleepy or I’d have more. :smiley:

That would be my choice too. I HATE THAT SONG EVERY CHRISTMAS. :dts:

Upside Down
Woman in Love
Hooked on a Feeling
YMCA
This Girl Is a Woman Now
Young Girl
Woman, Woman, Have You Got Cheating on Your Mind?
Girl, You’ll Be a Woman Soon (and he still won’t learn your name)
Jesse’s Girl

Going back a few years:

Mairzy Doats

Three Little Fishys

Wild Thing

They’re Coming To Take Me Away

And in a religious vein:

We Shall Gather At The River

I thought the singer was an escapee from “Planet of the Apes”!

“All By Myself”… AAAARGH! Will you just LISTEN to how whiny that song is??? No wonder you’re all by yourself! Get over it!

Any rap song in existence, especially Soldier Boy. And one that is worth mentioning is Jay Z’s remake of Ain’t no love in the heart of the city. I love the original song, so everytime I hear Jay Z’s I want to ram something into my eardrum.
Umbrella by Rhianna. I seriously want to take an umbrella and smack her over the head with it everytime I hear that song.
Any teen bubble gum pop. It’s prossessed and canned music. No talent whatsoever.

There was plenty of goofy garbage that passed for “musical talent” when I was a teenager, but popular musicianship just gets worse and worse every year.:frowning: Especially Rhianna and Soldier Boy. That’s why I love my XM: I can listen to whatever niche or speciality genre I want (usually XM Classical, XM Pops, Old Time Radio, The 40’s, Real Jazz and Talk Radio) without having to even be made aware of whats on the top of the charts.:thumbsup:

Heh. Good ones. But I happen to LIKE ‘Don’t Worry Be Happy.’ Just not the video. :stuck_out_tongue:

I vote for Muskrat Love from Captain and Tenille

Afternoon Delight…that hideous 70s song with sound of airplanes whirring in the background. Ugh!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.