Would a Global America With a Global Currency mean a better world?

Then i have nothing more to say on the matter. The OP is not asking if a greedy system is better than one that is not greedy.

Hmm… while I understand the point of view, there are cultural differences among the nations right now. They may view things differently and perceive things differently. I like the unification, but there might be cultural division depending on the unique qualities possessed by each people which may lead to conflicts.

I made that point myself, and i was ignored.

I wouldn’t want a one world government especially if it involved the following :

16 Also it [the False Prophet] causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name. (Revelation 13:16-17)

Absolutely. The world world almost definitely be enormously better and more just under a global government versus a diaspora of governments. Better management and empowerment to help people and resources and trade and infrastructure and education and pretty much anything else related to human dignity.

It would have to be federalized though for it to ever work one day. There’s no way the world would accept an American or Chinese or Indian government, etc.

I believe this will likely happen before Christ’s triumphant return. Catholic theology & morality has played a major role in the world but it has more to do.

The motive of the Tower of Babel was to become like God. It was egoism that mirrored Satan’s fall.

If you listed to his speeches, he has also confirmed that Mexico should practice “Mexico First” etc. Leaders should focus primarily on their actual responsibilities. This is just basic church doctrine on subsidiarity. Nothing to get offended about. Our recent trade deals are better for the US, but hardly unfair to our partners.

No. Utopia will not be achieved by increasing the number of layers of people at the top. The people running the US are already way past their level of competence. They need to show they can actually do the jobs they’ve been charged with before taking on more responsibilities. So far, it looks more like they’re trying hard to wreck the country rather than fix what’s wrong with it.

I wholeheartedly agree with you that the people that are running our government are not worthy to run a world government but there are good people who could run the world government in America and in other countries (and no they are not the ones running the UN now either, they are just as corrupt). But I would only want the Church involved to guide the leaders to a certain degree. We see how the co ruling of nations went from 400 ad to 1800 ad. The Church had its good leaders but there were very bad leaders too. Jesus never sought earthly power like a lot of the Jewish people were looking for. His Power was in showing us how to serve and love God and one another. The Church should remain as it is but with more people following it (hint to our beautiful but misguided Protestant friends).

No, absolutely not.

That I do not want to be be governed by Trump.

On a more serious note one government for the entire world would be the quickest way to tyranny imaginable.

How do we reconcile this with God’s sovereignty? Is God Sovereign over the nations, over the earth? Or is Satan?

Potential benevolent dictators don’t have what it takes to rise to the peak of power.

No, I think it would be awful, both for a single government and a single currency. While I’m actually not quite as concerned about tyranny as some people (I’m still pretty concerned by it), the biggest threat would be a government that’s nonresponsive to the needs of people around the world, or would destroy cultures. Single currency would be a recipe for disaster if it collapsed, far better to have competing currencies even if it’s slightly inconvenient. There are a lot more reasons but that’s just the starter.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.