Would God let someone be cursed?

For a promise to count it has to be intentional, right? If so, does a curse have to be intentional to count?

Would God let a person be cursed?

Thanks!

Are you asking would God curse a person or would he allow someone else to curse another?

I am asking would God allow a person to suffer the bad effects of a curse.

Who is doing the cursing?

A lay person in this instance

An individual has neither the power nor authority to curse another.

1 Like

Okay, thank you! So is God the only person able to curse someone?(just curious!)

Yes, read the first few chapters of Genesis.

1 Like

This type of brouhaha happened when Brett Kavanaugh was being sworn in and there were a couple magic groups of witches that said they were going to caste spells on him and it was open to the public in an NYC store. I remember my dioecese and others calling people to prayer to fight this evil.

I am thinking the prayers were more directed towards mercy for the witches and those who don’t understand how evil their actions are. These witches have no power to caste any spells, any “power” they have comes from the devil and God has infinite power so He can prevent any spells or such.

@FCS

Well, if your unjust or you have not given the just wages nor keep the commandments ,if they curse, it will affect you,but if you lead a righteous life it will not affect you

Sirach 3:16 Whoever forsakes a father is like a blasphemer,and whoever angers a mother is cursed by the Lord.

Okay, thank you! Ive heard that witches are now upset with trump for using the phrase “witch hunt” because “witches” were persecuted in Europe a couple centuries ago… weird thing to be upset about, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they tried to put a curse on him too.

He also allows it, the same way he allows possession.

Thanks! But would He allow a person to be affected by a curse if the curse was not done on purpose?

I wouldn’t know. Ask I’ve heard it’s when things like demonic oppression, curses, etc. is allowed to affect someone, it’s because God uses it to help those affected grow in Holiness.

If you think something it off, it may just be coincidence, or speak with a priest about it, and of course pray.

Thank you!

1 Like

I think (st) Job would have an opinion on this…

To the woman He said

I will greatly multiply

Your pain in childbirth

In pain you will bring forth children

Yet your desire will be for your husband

Then to Adam He said Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you saying You shall not eat from it

Cursed is the ground because of you In toil you will eat of it
All the days of your life?
Both thorns and thistles it shall grow for you
And you will eat the plants of the field
By the sweat of your face
You will eat bread
Till you return to the ground
Because from it you were taken
For you are dust
And to dust you shall return

Genesis 3:16-19

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.