Would my situation need to be confessed?

My friend called me up and asked if I would take him to buy condoms. I first thought of this bad and felt bad doing that. He told me they were for balloons for his moms surprise birthday party and he said he was kidding. I then said alright and told my dad that I was going to drive my friend to CVS because he needed to buy something. I didn’t tell him what for, would that be lying? He didn’t ask why, but I felt like he would of that wasn’t like me. I wanted to do it so I could be nice. When we got there, he went and in and came out after a long time and asked if I had 1 dollar because he didn’t have enough. I said No, which I didn’t in dollars, I did have in debit/credit card though, but I didn’t want to give him my card because I didn’t want to participate in aiding to help the cause. In all sense, I feel bad about it. Could I go to confession anyway? Because it’s on my mind. I’ve only been 1 other time because I’m young and can I ask questions and explain to him something like this?

[quote="biblebrother234, post:1, topic:329428"]
My friend called me up and asked if I would take him to buy condoms. I first thought of this bad and felt bad doing that. He told me they were for balloons for his moms surprise birthday party and he said he was kidding. I then said alright and told my dad that I was going to drive my friend to CVS because he needed to buy something. I didn't tell him what for, would that be lying? He didn't ask why, but I felt like he would of that wasn't like me. I wanted to do it so I could be nice. When we got there, he went and in and came out after a long time and asked if I had 1 dollar because he didn't have enough. I said No, which I didn't in dollars, I did have in debit/credit card though, but I didn't want to give him my card because I didn't want to participate in aiding to help the cause. In all sense, I feel bad about it. Could I go to confession anyway? Because it's on my mind. I've only been 1 other time because I'm young and can I ask questions and explain to him something like this?

[/quote]

Yes, you can mention this in confession and then make better use of your time next time anyone wants you to take them to buy immoral items................teachccd

Yes, you need to go to confession. Using contraception is grave matter. You drove your friend to the store for the specific purpose of buying condoms and even gave him $1.00 towards them. You assisted your friend in buying something that the Catholic Church teaches is gravely sinful. Please confess this and next time tell your friend that you cannot help him in this way. You should confess the other time as well, if you haven't already.

I didn't give him the 1.00 dollar towards it though. Does that even matter?

[quote="Veronica97, post:3, topic:329428"]
Yes, you need to go to confession. Using contraception is grave matter. You drove your friend to the store for the specific purpose of buying condoms and even gave him $1.00 towards them. You assisted your friend in buying something that the Catholic Church teaches is gravely sinful. Please confess this and next time tell your friend that you cannot help him in this way. You should confess the other time as well, if you haven't already.

[/quote]

Would I need to go right away? Sorry if this sounds ignorant because I'm young but, he was not catholic and I didn't know at the time that It was a grave sin because I was reading someone else's posts about, 'is it a sin to buy condoms'?, and they said it was not. I thought that would be the same as driving someone to buy them, and because I did not give them the 1.00 dollar.

This was your conscience telling you not to do it. That's the reason I think you should confess at your nearest opportunity, either at your parish or at another parish if you would feel more comfortable. Don't panic. Make an Act of Contrition now, resolve never to do this again, and go to confession at your nearest opportunity. Your friend may not be Catholic, but is he married? My guess would be no. Therefore, you helped enable your friend to commit the sin of fornication (sex outside marriage). Even if he were married and contraception wasn't against his beliefs, it is something the Catholic Church teaches is gravely wrong, and so you shouldn't participate. I think you'll really feel a lot better after you make a good confession. :)

Did you mean in your first post that you have only been to Confession one other time? If so, consider that popes have been known to receive the sacrament of confession at least weekly and some daily.

My friend called me up and asked if I would take him to buy condoms. I first thought of this bad and felt bad doing that. He told me they were for balloons for his moms surprise birthday party and he said he was kidding. I then said alright and told my dad that I was going to drive my friend to CVS because he needed to buy something. I didn't tell him what for, would that be lying?

[/quote]

No, this is not lying.

He didn't ask why, but I felt like he would of that wasn't like me. I wanted to do it so I could be nice. When we got there, he went and in and came out after a long time and asked if I had 1 dollar because he didn't have enough. I said No, which I didn't in dollars, I did have in debit/credit card though, but I didn't want to give him my card because I didn't want to participate in aiding to help the cause. In all sense, I feel bad about it. Could I go to confession anyway?

[/quote]

Yes, of course you may go to confession and you probably should because you were trying to help your friend in the commission of a sin.

Because it's on my mind. I've only been 1 other time because I'm young and can I ask questions and explain to him something like this?

[/quote]

You are more than welcome to ask questions in confession if you are unsure of a situation.

As another respondent has done, I encourage you to go to Confession more often - maybe monthly. Even if you just have venial sins to confess you receive many graces through the Sacrament, you learn more about yourself and your relationship with God, and you become stronger in resisting the temptations to sin.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.