Would someone please shed some light on the Chaplet of The Divine Mercy and theb purposes and times for uses?

Even though I am a non-catholic, I find myself very drawn to this set of wonderful devotions. Each time that I have prayed this Chaplet, mercy has been granted and pressure from evil is wonderfully removed!

Welcome to the forum.

You can find information here:
ewtn.com/Devotionals/mercy/dmmap.htm

I am glad you like the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. Keep on praying.
God bless!

The link provided above is a good start. If you find yourself wanting to know more about Saint Faustina, to whom this devotion was revealed, you can read her diary: amazon.com/Diary-Faustina-Kowalska-market-version/dp/1596141107/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217896571&sr=8-2

Regarding purposes and times for praying the chaplet:
It can really be prayed any time. It is especially good to pray it at 3:00 p.m., in remembrance of the time Jesus is believed to have died on the cross, pouring out His mercy completely. This is called the “hour of Mercy.”

Pray it for mercy for yourself (we are all sinners), for others, for conversion of loved ones, for people in danger of death (for the grace of final repentance). Pray it for peace, for an end to wars, terrorism, abortion, violence of all kinds. It is very comforting to pray it with a dying person.

My thanks to both of you. Your kind, thoughtful answers really helped me so much.:blessyou:

This is one of my favorite devotions, as well. :slight_smile:

Here is a link to The Divine Mercy site, which is operated by the Marians of the Immaculate Conception, who also operate the National Shrine of the Divine Mercy (which I hope to visit one day!)

thedivinemercy.org/index.php

Shrine:

thedivinemercy.org/shrine/virtualtour.php

Thank you, Morwenna.

Any time, any place, any intentions. Many of us (and not just the Catholics) like to recite it once a day, and some fixed time.

In my case, from 11:30 PM until 11:40 PM, just after I clock out from work at the Post Office and walk to my car in the parking lot. :smiley:

:slight_smile: I understand!

angelfire.com/ca3/rafaelm…athepieta.html
catholicforum.com/churche…vinemercy1.htm
our.homewithgod.com/divinemercy/

Thank you, Techno2000. The third link takes me to “Divine Mercy in My Soul” so that I can read about St. Faustina’s blessings myself…thanks so much for this!

From the Diary…the Angel was about to carry out Gods command to execute His wrath upon a certain city on earth.

Faustina’s heart was troubled in her vision, and she was given the knowledge of the Chaplet, and the Angel was unable to carry out the order, such is the power of the Chaplet.

Source.

I have also only recently started saying these prayers. I just love it. I say the chaplet every morning on my way to work now. May God continue to bless you in your prayer time!

I have enjoyed your encouragements and I thank you for them! Reading the actual diary of St. Faustina is quite remarkable. I had not been aware of the background information concerning the receiving of The Divine Mercy image and devotion before getting Techno2000’s link as above. I must say that the desire to meditate on The Divine Mercy illumines my soul even by itself.

Thank you for sharing your devotion. I remember part of the diary, St. Faustina prayed the Divine Mercy for the storm to stop, and it did. Since then I use the chaplet to pray for anything - from getting my car fixed, solving problem at work, to any other spiritual need.

At work, there were times that I forgot to pray and times I meant not to pray. Somehow, things didn’t go quiet right at work. I realized that I needed to pray the chaplet - everything went smoothly right after especially solving problems on some projects that I was currently work on. :slight_smile:

Through this chaplet and what the Saint said about the Mercy of God, I have so much peace and it surely helps me when I have anxiety.

There are so much to learn from the diary - The Mercy of Jesus is so great and also the obedience, and humility, faith and love of St. Faustina.

I recently purchased a thinner book called “7 Secrets of the Eucharist” by Vinny Flynn. He quotes quiet a lot from the Diary of St. Faustina regarding the Holy Eucharist.

When reading this book, I said wow…I missed a lot of great points from the diary. The book is easy to read and if you have time, you can get that book too. :slight_smile:

This is interesting. I knew about the Rosary, but not this until today.

What I have experienced so far is a most amazing emersion in Jesus as He, Himself is The Divine Mercy, each time I have prayed the Chaplet.

All I could say today, was

for the sake of your sorrowful passion,

help me

Yes, this is a most personal prayer form and yet, also, ministers to the whole world in that same love.

:slight_smile: Great, thank you. I will look into this book myself after I finish St. Faustina’s diary.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.