Would these be considered cooperation with sin?

let’s say you have a son or daughter that is cohabitating or divorced and remarried. would it be approval of their living arrangements if you visited them and stayed at their house. assuming they live out of town. same for other family members such as siblings. I’ve heard the argument that if we really thought it was that bad, we wouldn’t do it or we are still approving by omission in some way.

I get that if they visit you, things could be different. you can specify the kinds of things to be followed in your own house such as separate bedrooms, eTC…

on another note, I had a discussion with an acquaintance once about being a pharmacist and how the priest basically told him to give up the career since they have to accept filling out of birth control prescriptions. I understand this because they would actually have to tell the client how to use it. but what about just working in a grocery store that carries other contraceptive items and having to check them out at the cash? is that similar?

i know with the pharmacy thing, there may be clauses that exempt certain people from filling out certain prescriptions for religious reasons but i don’t know if that exists here in Canada. which is too bad because that would mean a cahotlic with a well formed conscience would not really be able to study pharmacy anymore.

As to your first question, this issue was recently discussed on Catholic Answers. You can see the youtube clip here.

I don’t have the answer for the second question, sorry.

I did see that actually.

but I also saw another thread where Michelle Arnold answered, and she was pretty much saying it would be violating your conscience

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=688491&highlight=cohabitating

Regarding the second question, just working at a grocery store would not be formal cooperation, which is really where you can get into trouble. You aren’t necessary in the process so to speak (anyone can check the person out), so I think you would be OK. In regards to the pharmacists, there are indeed places where you can get exemptions. In particularly large pharmacies, I suppose a pharmacist could also pass a prescription onto a colleague. I agree though that it is a sad state of affairs. A good friend of mine left his quite lucrative career in pharmaceuticals for these same reasons.

Pax.

Please discuss this with your spiritual director/priest.

Why do you keep asking the same questions over and over again. You also don’t accept the answers members give you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.