Would this be considered "blasphemy against the Holy Ghost?"

Years ago, before coming to the Catholic Church, I was into Satanism. I had performed a dedication ritual and had a concern about it. This is the words within the ritual (leaving all the other parts out.)

“Before the almighty and ineffable God Satan/Lucifer and in the presence of all Demons of Hell, who are the True and the Original gods, I, (state your full name) renounce any and all past allegiances. I renounce the false Judeo/Christian god Jehova, I renounce his vile and worthless son Jesus Christ, I renounce his foul, odious, and rotten holy spirit.
I proclaim Satan Lucifer as my one and only God. I promise to recognize and honor him in all things, without reservation, desiring in return, his manifold assistance in the successful completion of my endeavors.”

Would performing this ritual be considered the unpardonable sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? (Since the person performing this would be verbally insulting and intentionally blaspheming the Holy Spirit.)

I’m a bit worried about this… :frowning:

No, the unforgivable sin is final impenitence. There is no sin that man can do that God cannot forgive, as long as the person is prepared to turn to God and accept forgiveness.

Apostacy is a serious sin. But certainly not unforgivable. Please discuss this further with a priest.

[quote="underacloud, post:2, topic:322625"]
No, the unforgivable sin is final impenitence. There is no sin that man can do that God cannot forgive, as long as the person is prepared to turn to God and accept forgiveness.

Apostacy is a serious sin. But certainly not unforgivable. Please discuss this further with a priest.

[/quote]

:thumbsup: I second this.

[quote="MattJB, post:1, topic:322625"]
Would performing this ritual be considered the unpardonable sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

[/quote]

What was said by the others is correct.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.