Would this be wrathful?

Hello,
So recently my family took my cat to the vet because we believe she got into a fight with an unknown animal. However, this has lead to me wanting to hunt that animal for hurting my cat. Would this be vengeance? If this contributes at all, I know I would never ACTUALLY hurt an animal, but I still openly made that threat because I was very stressed at the time.
Thank you!

I would call it reasonable anger. Of course you were upset.
Cats get into fights all the time; it’s part of their nature.
God bless.

It’s normal to have a protective instinct. A member of your family, so to speak, was injured by a dangerous animal. Your feeling might well be called threat mitigation. Indeed. You would be wise to assess the probability of this recurring.

@lolhello

That sounds to me like a temptation to wrath. Temptation is not sin.

Go ahead - hunt the animal - tough guy - lol

If it was a momentary angry feeling and you did not follow through with actually going out and angrily hunting down the animal then I wouldn’t worry about it. It’s natural to have an emotional response when a person or animal that you care about is hurt.

I would suggest you channel that response into how you might better protect your cat from further harm, such as keeping it indoors or only letting it out in a fenced yard or catio.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.