Would you die for Him

Would you die for Jesus and his Church. Think about this one seriously.

Even Peter could not die for him.

I can definitely tell you that I should die for the Lord if the need arises, though I honestly don’t know how I would react when facing a life-or-death situation.

I think I would, but again, that’s just an educated guess.

Without even blinking.

I take Him at His Word that He would deny me before the Father if I denied Him on Earth.

The problem is never dying for Him…but LIVING for him day to day and moment by moment…

:thumbsup: You got there before me :slight_smile:

Don’t know until I’m in that situation

Best answer! :thumbsup:

My first thought is yes, of course, but it is much easier said than done. I cannot imagine the difficulty some have faced of being tortured for hours and keeping the faith through it all…Indeed, some are called to endure so much pain for Christ…Is it wrong to hope that one does not have to? At one point in my life, I would have welcomed martyrdom. Now, I honestly fear it…:frowning:

Prayers and petitions,
Alexius:cool:

I totally agree, Im sure ALL Christians would want to die for Christ…but until you are in that situation we cant say anything.
To speak this early would be like Peter’s words BEFORE he was in the tough situation, “I will never deny you Lord”.

I don’t think so. On the contrary, we are instructed to pray “And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.”

Although I really wanted to be able to choose an unequivocal “Yes” above, in honesty I had to go with the last option. I can only fervently pray that, if I were ever put in a position of choosing between denial and violent death, He would give me the **grace **to persevere for His Name’s sake. :blush:

I think we live first with him, and when tribulation in life becomes a cross and a burden, we ought die for him. The Early Christians martyrs gives testimony for this.

First they live for Christ, and in the end they died for Christ because they became martyrs for their faith. Church Militant got it right, but if you want to be through about Jesus. We ought to live for Jesus, and die with Christ when we are put to the test.

Yes, I most certainly would be willing to die for Christ and His Church.

Naturally! The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. The martyrs deserve their crowns.

You sum it up well.

I like to think I would but I’m afraid my courage might fail me.:o

Looking back, I don’t even know why I put no, and maybe as options, no one seems to choose them anyway- I guess that’s kind of a good thing. May Christ bless you in this most holy of seasons.:highprayer: :highprayer:

He died for me so I would die for him. We all know that there is life after death so we wouldn’t be losing anything. We have nothing to lose but everything to gain.

I would love to say yes. I would actually love to sacrifice my life for Him. But it’s really much easier to think about it than to do it. In reality I don’t know. I don’t know how much I can trust myself to do that. I know I fail him all the time and often don’t witness to when I should - even if what I would get is not death but only strange looks and maybe sneer comments.

There were some martirs who denied him but later on they returned to hand their in their life. Imagine that! :slight_smile:

I would hope to given the grace to die for Him if placed in that situation…I am not a coward, but I would also hope to die quickly, such as being beheaded, rather than suffering for hours or days, such as being tortured.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.