Would you pass on an e-mail like this?

"GUARDIAN ANGEL
Forward this message the same day you received it. It may
sound ridiculous, but it is right on time. We believe that something is about to happen. Angels exist, only sometimes they haven’t got wings and we call them friends; you are one of them. Something wonderful is about to happen to you and your friends. Tomorrow at 11:09AMsomebody will address you and tell you some thing you have been waiting to hear.
Please do not break this. Send it to at least 7 of your friends! "

There is a picture of Jesus I think even, making the sign of the cross.

I tend to think: Even so, this is superstition, we should not pass it on.

Do you agree?

Kathrin

Hi Kathrin,

It is superstitious. Better to use it to prompt you to say a prayer for your friends, that God will send them, and you, special blessings.

Regards, Trishie

I don’t forward any emails. Period.

:thumbsup:

It’s superstitious, and it’s a chain letter. There are good reasons those are forbidden in the real post office. It just clogs things up and doesn’t do any good.

If you forward this to 7 people, at 11:08 tomorrow something bad will happen to you. Your guardian angel is watching.

I just replied to my friend who sent me the mail and wrote her that I’d rather just say a prayer for my friends. :slight_smile: (Thanks for the suggestion Trishie!)

Definately superstitious, since the efficacy is redirected from the grace merited by the prayer, to “not breaking the chain”/sending it to X number of people. I get stuff like this all the time and I just dump it in the trash folder.

I agree with all of the above, I don’t like receving these and I don’t forward them to anyone else!

Whenever I get garbage like this, I do one of two things.

1. If the middle is good once you minus all the superstitious stuff, I’ll delete ALL the superstitious stuff and forward it back to the person who sent it and only to others if it’s real good.
  2. Delete it

Not to mention the fact that the email puts forth a flawed theology of angels by indicating that the recipient of the message (a human being) is, in fact, an angel. No matter how wonderful a person is, he or she will never be an angel because human beings have bodies. Angels do not. :wink:

Okay, so the above response is a little tongue-in-cheek. I recognize that it is an expression that some people use to say someone is an “angel” when they’re behaving in an exceptional way. But, it’s still bad theology. :stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.