WOW. I mean, WOWWW. User interface on the new CAF is not intuitive, many members lost, not surprising! Please fix this

I am a member of CAF. I was very active on the original platform from catholic.com when I was just a budding new Catholic.

I considered myself to be moderately computer/tech savvy until I revisited the “new” forum–eager to connect with other believers. I ended up having to Google how to respond to posts (no answers resulted).

Curiously, I scrolled through 10 pages of replies from a random thread I chose for this experiment. Finally, when I reached the thread, I was given the option to participate in the discussion. At that point I felt relieved because surely I was not the only confused person trying to participate in a Catholic Answers “Forum”. Yeesh.

Can someone please adapt the new/current structure of this forum- a way in which helps new and seasoned users clear access to participate? As it is, if I were a Catholic Christian, a “denominational” Christian, an agnostic/atheist, or really any other person coming from a different faith tradition, this process would be cumbersome to the point that it’s not worth the time to investigate and discover how to find “Catholic Answers” via the forum discussion path.
No offense intended- just, enhanced, more streamlined features on the website may help new and existing inquisitors more of a clear sense of direction.

Hello, I’m glad you could get the forum to work.

This platform is Discourse, a prepackaged platform. CAF is not going to be doing any major overhauls of how it works.

Also, while many of us were initially a bit confused, it’s not that hard to adapt to the new forum, and it seems we still get plenty of new topics and new posters and questions, so people do seem able to use it.

5 Likes

Open the pod bay doors, @discobot.

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

The tutorials might help you to get started in the new user interface.

Try posting “@discobot start tutorial” (minus the quotation marks) in a reply.

@discobot roll 25d25

1 Like

I only have 20 dice. Shameful, I know!

:game_die: 10, 8, 10, 12, 19, 15, 7, 6, 25, 16, 7, 15, 1, 14, 23, 25, 11, 14, 10, 18

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.