Wow.

Unfortunately, my faith is weak at the moment, but I would like to share a couple of amazing things that happened to me over the past few days. Please share your similar experiences or ways you have seen God act in your everyday life.

1. I was going on an early morning fishing trip with my grandfather and his severely autistic daughter, Amy. As i was preparing the boat, i heard Amy say something quietly, to which my grandfather responded, “yes, i know the angels are out this morning, honey”. I thought nothing of it for a second or two but then remembered i had prayed the Saint Michael prayer scarcely a minute earlier.

2. I was changing in the locker room after a workout, i suddenly had a strong inclination to pray a Decade of the Most Holy Rosary. Because i think i suffer from scruples, i thought nothing of it. While my mind was still in this struggle, i accidentally dropped my iphone on the ground and voice control randomly turned on. I stayed silent, hoping it would turn off, but then my Holy Rosary podcast started playing loudly! I had barely made a noise, much less uttered something like “play music”. Needless to say, i prayed a Decade of the Holy Rosary.

Similar experiences?

Things like that happen :slight_smile: there’s a book called “Everyday Saints and Other Stories” that chronicles the lives of the monks in the Russian Orthodox Pskov Caves monastery. It’s full of little “coincidences” that permeated the lives of the monks. I think that the more in tune your heart is with God, the more you are able to see Him working in your everyday life.:thumbsup:

In my first year of being a Catholic I already distanced myself from the Church, to my own detriment, and had to work back to the Church. What took me away was not a lack of faith, but a yearning for something special and lack of understanding something important; however, now that I am back in the Church, I learned that faith can be just as much work as love.

One of my girlfriends, non Catholic, once considered being intimate with a friend just to finally have relations. We spoke about it and I tried my best to (lovingly) explain why it would be a bad idea. She left my home still debating the decision; when she left I prayed the Rosary for her. By the time my friend made it home she called me in tears saying she couldn’t have meaningless sex and couldn’t go through with it. I am so grateful that Our Lady intervened for my friend. I hope my friend will come home with time.

A prayer for you:

O my God, I firmly believe that you are one God in three Divine Persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; I believe that your Divine Son became man, and died for our sins, and that He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe these and all the truths the Holy Catholic Church teaches because You have revealed them, who can neither deceive nor be deceived.

I think number one could potentially be defined as a “signal” grace.

At age 19, I lost out on being in a relationship with a guy I was crazy about… all because I insisted on being chaste before marriage. About 2 weeks later, on Christmas Eve (meaning, the morning of Christmas Eve), I had a dream that the end of the world was coming, and that Satan’s forces were going after Christians and killing them. In the dream, I remembered a promise I had made to a friend (a non-existent person) who was killed and ran into a house to find his two children and to protect them. I tried to hide them in an inner room in the basement, but there was no lock on the door, so I had to hold the door shut from the inside as soldiers were trying to break the door down. I felt so scared and alone knowing that I was the only one left to protect the children and knew that my strength would give way. Suddenly, I had an impulse to just allow the door to open. When I did, Christ was standing there, and the house and the apocalyptic world disappeared. The children and I ran to Christ and cried in his arms, and when that was done, he took us around the new world, which was a mixture of wilderness and stone remnants of civilization. Some people from my church, as well as many unidentified others, were standing there, greeting us.

A few months after that dream, starting on Easter Sunday, a long period of “Hell” began for me that was related to the struggle to remain chaste and to find love. It was truly Hell in that I lost a lot of things that I cared for (including the love and respect of my family and the respect I had for myself), and I began to question my faith and doubt that God loved me. In a way, I think God sent me the dream to prepare myself for this time. I think the little boys represent innocence that I had to protect… since I was the last adult to protect them, I was meant to mature and be part of the “church militant” during my period of Hell. By holding the door without a lock shut, I was meant to show great strength in the face of overwhelming adversity. And, by trusting the intuition to allow the door to open, I was meant to keep my heart open to Christ and trust in him to come at the right moment.

I don’t believe in predestination, but I do believe that God knew this part of life was going to be hard for me if I held onto my beliefs, or at least had the desire in my heart to do so. I think it was his way of comforting me before the storm came, and trying to tell me ahead of time to just hang on. All I know is that when I saw Christ in the dream, my heart felt an ecstasy that it had never experienced before.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.