Wrath of the Titans

We saw it over the weekend and although it was a bit formulatic, I enjoyed the film mainly because the characters advanced in virtues as they went through their trials, all but one finally “gets it”–that being called means having responsibility to others not that you should be made much of because of it. At least, that’s what I got from the story. How about you?

I’ve been hesitant to see those films. I always enjoyed classical mythology, so I guess my concern is how much they butchered the stories to make an “action-packed screenplay”. I’d be glad to find out that my concerns are undeserved, however.

Well, it’s got plenty of action and the intermingles myths to tell the story, but at least there’s a moral to it that makes it worthwhile for the kids to see like the ones they used to make in the 50’s and 60’s that Ray Harryhausen used to make. The bad guys get their comuppence and the good guys win. Huzzah! :smiley:

Hmm, perhaps I’ll catch them on Netflix. :slight_smile:

Yeah, it’s not that great a film to waste more money on than necessary. And we didn’t see it in 3D (a silly innovation, IMHO). We had pre-bought tickets and wanted to see something without crude “humor” or sex or political motivations–something fun–a “popcorn” movie.

Sweet!

I’ve met Mr. Harryhausen at science fiction conventions and he’s a wonderful guy. :thumbsup:

I envy you. I’ve seen just about every film he ever did, including the “Clash of the Titans”–which was his last effort, as I recall. His dinosaur menacing NYC in “The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms” is a classic and inspired the Godzilla films. What a treat to have met the man himself!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.