Write a screenplay

I like writing screenplays as that is something I’d like to do as a career. I was recently thinking that I’d like to write a screenplay about involving a priest or several priests. I just don’t have any ideas.

Do you have any good ones that would make an interesting screenplay/movie?

I’m not planning on making it, just writing it for practice.

Just a thought: What you’re asking (ideas for screenplay) is a recipe for getting sued for plagiarism. If it’s your idea, self-copyright the treatment by sending it to yourself postal mail and keep the envelope sealed. If it’s not your idea, it’s not a good idea to write a screenplay. I would love to do a screenplay about Bishop Fulton Sheen (yes, I just waived my right to ownership by saying that), but I can’t do that without paying his estate for the rights - accordingly, I would have to fictionalize anything I wrote.

Yes, good point. In fact, the Writers Guild of America offers a service which is esssentially the same concept as mailing a copy to yourself, but even stronger legally:
wgawregistry.org/webrss/ .

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.