Writing Easter History Before It Happens

It’s one of the reasons why i believe in Jesus and the Bible. The fact that the writers of the Old Testament said God was speaking to them and then wrote everything that happened in the last days of Jesus’ life, death and resurrection proves to me this stuff is really true. How about you?

I think the fact that Christ rose from the dead at all is pretty convincing.

Prediction: He would enter the temple.

And the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple.
(Malachi 3:1)

Came true:

Then Jesus went into the temple of God and drove out all those who bought and sold in the temple.
(Matthew 21:12)

Me too, Dylan.

:thumbsup:

Psalm 22 is pretty convincing too. David was prophesying the crucifixion of Jesus. Isaiah 53 also is prophecy about Christ’s death.

Prediction: He would enter Jerusalem on a donkey.

Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion!
Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem!
Behold, your King is coming to you;
He is just and having salvation,
humble, lowly and riding on a donkey,
a colt, the foal of a donkey.
(Zechariah 9:9)

Came true:

And they brought him [a donkey colt] to Jesus. And they threw their own clothes on the colt, and they set Jesus on him. And as he went, many spread their clothes on the road. Then, as he was now drawing near the descent of the Mount of Olives…
(Luke 19:35-37)

Prediction: He would be betrayed by a friend.

Even my familiar friend in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, has lifted up his heel against me.
(Psalm 41:9)

If an enemy were insulting me,
I could endure it;
if a foe were raising himself against me,
I could hide from him.

But it is you, a man like myself,
my companion, my close friend, with whom I once enjoyed sweet fellowship
as we walked with the throng at the house of God.
(Psalm 55:12-14)

Came true:

…Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.
(Matthew 10:4)

Prediction: He would be sold for 30 pieces of silver.

Then I said to them, “If it is agreeable to you, give me my wages; and if not, refrain.” So they weighed out for my wages thirty pieces of silver.
(Zechariah 11:12)

Came true:

“What are you willing to give me if I deliver him to you?” And they counted out to him thirty pieces of silver.
(Matthew 26:15)

Prediction: Money to be thrown into the temple and used to purchase a potter’s field.

So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the LORD for the potter.
(Zechariah 11:13)

Came true:

Then he threw down the pieces of silver in the temple and departed. … And they consulted together and bought with [the pieces of silver] the potter’s field, to bury strangers in.
(Matthew 27:5, 7)

Yes, stay tuned! (i’m trying to get them as close to chronological order as i can remember).

Prediction: He would be forsaken by his disciples.

Strike the Shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered.
(Zachariah 13:7)

Came true:

Then they all forsook him and fled.
(Mark 14:50)

Prediction: He would be accused by false witnesses.

Fierce witnesses rise up; they ask me things that I do not know.

(Psalm 35:11)

Came true.

Now the chief priests, the elders, and all the council sought false testimony against Jesus to put him to death, but found none. Even though many false witnesses came forward, they found none.

(Matthew 26:59-60)

Prediction: He would be silent before his accusers.

He was oppressed and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth.
(Isaiah 53:7)

Came true.

And while was being accused by the chief priests and elders, he answered nothing.
(Matthew 27:12)

Prediction: He would be wounded and bruised.

If someone asks him, “What are these wounds on your body?” he will answer, “The wounds I was given at the house of my friends.”
(Zechariah 13:6)

But hew was wounded for our transgressions,
he was bruised for our iniquities;
the chastisement for our peace was upon him,
and by his stripes we are healed.
(Isaiah 53:5)

Came true.

Then he released Barabbas to them; and when he scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.
(Matthew 27:26)

Prediction: He would be smitten and spit upon.

I gave my back to those who struck me, and my cheeks to those who plucked out my beard; I did not hide my face from shame and spitting.
(Isaiah 50:6)

… They will strike Israel’s ruler
on the cheek with a rod.
(Micah 5:1)

Came true.

Then they spat in his face and beat him; and others struck him with the palms of their hands.
(Matthew 26:67)

The men who were guarding Jesus began mocking and beating him. They blindfolded him and demanded, “Prophesy! Who hit you?” And they said many other insulting things to him.
(Luke 22:63-65)

Prediction: He would be so brutally beaten about the head that his face would be disfigured.

See, my servant will act wisely ;

he will be raised and lifted up and highly exalted.

Just as there were many who were appalled at him —

his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any human being

and his form marred beyond human likeness— so he will sprinkle many nations,

and kings will shut their mouths because of him.

For what they were not told, they will see,

and what they have not heard, they will understand.

(Isaiah 52:13-15)

Came true.

They spit on him, and took the staff and struck him on the head again and again.

(Matthew 27:30)

Again and again they struck him on the head with a staff and spit on him. Falling on their knees, they paid homage to him.

(Mark 15:19)

… and went up to him again and again, saying, “Hail, king of the Jews!” And they struck him in the face.

(John 19:3)

Prediction: He would be mocked.

All who see me ridicule me; they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, “He trusted in the LORD; let him rescue him; let him deliver him, since he delights in him!”
(Psalm 22:7-8)

Came true.

In the same way the chief priests, the teachers of the law and the elders mocked him. “He saved others,” they said, "but he can’t save himself! He’s the King of Israel! Let him come down now from the cross, and we will believe in him. He trusts in God. Let God rescue him now if he wants him, for he said, ‘I am the Son of God.’ " In the same way the robbers who were crucified with him also heaped insults on him.
(Matthew 27:41-44)

Prediction: He would fall under the heavy weight of his own cross.

My knees give way from fasting;
my body is thin and gaunt.
I am an object of scorn to my accusers;
when they see me, they shake their heads.
(Psalm 109:24-25)

Came true.

And he, bearing his cross, went out to a place called the Place of a Skull, which is called in Hebrew, Golgotha.
(John 19:17)

Now as they led him away, they laid hold of a certain man, Simon a Cyrenian, who was coming from the country, and on him they laid the cross that he might bear it after Jesus.
(Luke 23:26)

Prediction: His hands and feet would be pierced.

They pierced my hands and my feet.
(Psalm 22:16)

Came true.

And when they had come to the place called Calvary, there they crucified him.
(Luke 23:33)

So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!"
But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it.”
(John 20:25)

Prediction: He would die with the sinful.

Because he poured out his soul unto death, and he was numbered with the transgressors.
(Isaiah 53:12)

Came true.

Then the two robbers were crucified with him, one on the right and another on the left.
(Matthew 27:38)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.