Writing Easter History Before It Happens

Prediction: He would pray for his persecutors as he took the punishment for our sins.

And he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
(Isaiah 53:12)

Came true.

“Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.”
(Luke 23:34)

Prediction: He would be rejected by his own people.

He is despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
(Isaiah 53:3)

Came true.

For even his brothers did not believe in him. “Have any of the rulers or the Pharisees believed him?”
(John 7:5, 48)

I believe in Jesus because the Bible told me so, and it’s best not to question the musings of a Bronze-Age warrior tribe.

Prediction: He would be hated without cause.

Those who hate me without cause are more than the hairs of my head.
(Psalm 69:4)

Came true.

But this happened that the word might be fulfilled which is written in their law, “They hated me without a cause.”
(John 15:25)

Prediction: Some of his friends would stand far off as he suffered.

My loved ones and my friends stand aloof from my plague, and my relatives stand far off.
(Psalm 38:11)

Came true.

But all his acquaintances, and the women who followed him from Galilee, stood at a distance, watching these things.
(Luke 23:49)

Yes, Hallo, i trust in Jesus because the Bible told me so. That is, the authors of the Old Testament wrote, with 100% accuracy 100% of the time, things that no man could know about his life, death and resurrection. These predictions were written hundreds of years before the events.

Faith is not a blind leap into a dark chasm, it is a step into the clear light of truth. The evidence is overwhelming, to me. How about to you?

Prediction: People would shake their heads in digust at his shameful demise.

I also have become a reproach to them; when they look at me, they shake their heads.
(Psalm 109:25)

All who see me mock me;
they hurl insults, shaking their heads.
(Psalm 22:7)

Came true.

And those who passed by blasphemed him, wagging their heads.
(Matthew 27:39)

Oh yes, that evidence. Whelming it is. You know, there is no archaeological proof of the Hebrews ever being in Egypt. No record from Egypt of any people by the name, and no record of them leaving. Strange how there can be a whole people who just up and leave, and no one takes not.

Prediction: As his arms were pulled back and he gasped for air, suffocating on the cross, people stared at him.

Do not be far from me,
for trouble is near
and there is no one to help.

… I am poured out like water,
and all my bones are out of joint.
My heart has turned to wax;
it has melted within me.

All my bones are on display;
people stare and gloat over me.
(Psalm 22:11, 14, 17)

Came true.

And the people stood looking at him.
(Luke 23:35)

Tell me, Hallo, in all the scholarly works in all the libraries and databases in all the world, of what percent have you, personally read and understood?

Perhaps 1%?

How about 0.0000000000000000009%?

Honestly, how much do you personally know?

Prediction: People would gamble for his garments.

They divide my garments among them, and for my clothing they cast lots.
(Psalm 22:18)

Came true.

The soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took his garments and made four parts, to each soldier a part, and also the tunic. Now the tunic was without seam, woven from the top in one piece. They said … “Let us not tear it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be.”
(John 19:23-24)

Prediction: He would suffer thirst as his death approached.

And for my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.
(Psalm 69:21)

My mouth is dried up like a potsherd,
and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;
you lay me in the dust of death.
(Psalm 22:15)

Came true.

Later, knowing that everything had now been finished, and so that Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, “I am thirsty.” A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus’ lips. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished.” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
(John 19:28-30)

Prediction: The exact words he would cry out before his death.

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
(Psalm 22:1)

Came true.

From noon until three in the afternoon darkness came over all the land. About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”). … And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.
(Matthew 27:45, 46, 50)

Quite a bit, my good sir. And I don’t take everything I read to be fact without checking it first.

Prediction: More words he would speak before his death.

Into your hand I commit my spirit.
(Psalm 31:5)

Came true.

Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.
(Luke 23:46)

Have you answered my question?

Prediction: Not one of his bones would be broken (a common practice to speed the death by suffocation of those crucified).

He guards all his bones; not one of them is broken.
(Psalm 34:20)

Came true.

But when they came to Jesus and saw that he was already dead, they did not break his legs.
(John 19:33)

Prediction: He would suffer catastrophic heart failure.

My heart is like wax; it has melted within me.
(Psalm 22:14)

Came true (as evidenced by the mixing of blood with pericardial fluid).

But one of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear, and immediately blood and water came out.
(John 19:34)

Prediction: He would be pierced.

They will look upon me whom they pierced.
(Zechariah 12:10)

Came true.

But one of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear.
(John 19:34)

Prediction: Darkness would come over the land.

“And it shall come to pass in that day,” says the Lord God, “That I will make the sun go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in broad daylight.”
(Amos 8:9)

Came true.

Now from the sixth hour until the ninth hour was darkness over all the land.
(Matthew 27:45)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.