Wrong Liturgical color.

Okay, I used to not worry about stuff like this, but after a few recent “laws” that I didn’t know about and thus failed to adhere to, I have to ask if I committed a mortal sin by not wearing the correct Liturgical color for the Easter Mass?
I meant to, but could only find a violet colored top this morning… did I sin and disrespect the solemnity of the Mass?

:confused:

God bless.

EDIT;
Oh, and should I confess that I said the word “Hallelujah” during Lent? That’s the one I didn’t know about before, BUT I should have known, I just missed it somehow. :shrug:

The laity is not obligated to wear a certain color in certain seasons. You can wear whatever color you want whenever you want. So no you did not sin, however, you are being scrupulous.

The concept of “liturgical colors” pertains to clerical vestments. It has no bearing on the laity.

:thumbsup: That said, I did still make a point of wearing red on Good Friday.

But what about having said “Hallelujah” during Lent?
Though I didn’t know, like I said, I should have known.
(Oddly enough, I asked some other Catholics of the cradle ilk, who also didn’t know - just escaped their notice or something over the years I guess)

God bless.

:confused: :confused: :confused: I don’t know if you meant the Easter Vigil or Easter Morning but most people I know dress all springy and flowery in pastel colors on Easter Sunday. Easter would be pretty boring if people had to wear nothing but white. :cool:

I will admit that my parish does tend to wear lots of white at the Easter Vigil but my parish is just in to that sort of thing.

As for saying, “Hallelujah,” you are fine unless you are deliberately shouting it out during Mass or other liturgies. :eek:

If saying, hallelujah/alleluia was completely forbidden during Lent and the first part of the Triduum then a lot of choirs, deacons, and priests would be in trouble because no one would be able to practice speaking/singing ahead of time. :wink:

Just to confirm what the other poster said, saying alleluia during Lent is not a sin.

I would also like to comment that it’s fun counting how many times it is said on Easter. 38 in Lauds this morning for me. I was feeling festive and decided to repeat the antiphons after every strophe :smiley: (Although I didn’t think to for the first psalm. Otherwise it would have been said 41 times)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.