Wuhan, Hubei report zero new cases of coronavirus

Wheeew. This is reassuring. . . . . Not.

Wuhan, Hubei report zero new cases of coronavirus

By Louis Casiano | Fox News

Chinese health officials said Thursday local time that the epicenter of the coronavirus and its surrounding province – Wuhan and Hubei, respectively – have not reported any new cases but recorded eight more deaths in the same area. . . .

. . . Chinese leaders have begun loosening tough travel restrictions that have kept many inside. Mandatory 14-day quarantines, however, have been stepped up on those arriving from overseas. . . .

In other News, the People’s Republic of North Korea reports there have been ZERO cases (as my last reading of that yesterday).

Yet their dictator wants a new hospital immediately built.

2 Likes

Not sure I find reports from China about the coronavirus trustworthy.

13 Likes

She has worked or works currently for The Epoch Times:

3 Likes

I don’t really understand why people don’t believe this. I’m glad to hear it, personally.

2 Likes

You have to test and quarantine the people with no symptoms.
Faster we do what California is doing the better. Just take our medicine. Easier on the budget to just lock down and send checks for short term than bleed money for 18 months

3 Likes

North Korea said the have beaten coronavirus.

North Korea doesn’t have internal freedom of movement, at least between the major cities. It does legitimately seem like the kind of situation in which a disease would struggle to spread properly.

2 Likes

What I have learned via Trump is that politicians lie because they can. They do it, get away with it, and the rope loosens. They get applause and they feel they benefitted. And they are emboldened.
Eventually someone like Trump experiments with how far the rope extends.
In a way this negative trait was nurtured to it’s present proportion. He needed boundaries and found there were none.

Phew, thank you. I was almost worried that he, (who shan’t be named), wouldn’t be brought into a topic within the first ten posts on a subject that has nothing to do with U.S. politics on the World News forum.

9 Likes

It’s wonderful news. They were prepared and proactive. I was impressed watching their handling of the situation especially in a country of over a billion people.

Depends how it entered.
If it comes from a political official back from China, they network around and infect many others. Look what is happening in Iran where the virus is hitting their political elite especially hard.

1 Like

I agree…zero new cases could be a result of slow testing so the claim can be made that there are “no new cases”…very much like, while the infection was running rampant in the US, the administration claiming we had it under control, and there were few cases.

1 Like

People are likely still catching it and having no symptoms or mild symptoms or simply not presenting themselves for testing.
At some point, most of the population will be exposed and then new cases will decline because everyone has either already gotten it, or for some reason has natural immunity to it.

5 Likes

Except…China has been lying about how they have been handling the situation. they cannot be trusted with the truth.

7 Likes

Regular_Atheist . . . .

I don’t really understand why people don’t believe this. I’m glad to hear it, personally.

The UN World Health Organization (WHO) giving out wrong information given to them from China that if they would have just asked me first,
even I could have told them this was wrong (hyperbole for rhetorical effect) . . .

From a January 14th, 2020 WHO Tweet (just several weeks ago) . . .

“Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China” . . .

Regular_Atheist . . . .

I don’t really understand why people don’t believe this.

“WHO” knows?

1 Like

Published 15 mins ago

China’s relationship with WHO chief in wake of coronavirus outbreak under the microscope

By Barnini Chakraborty Fox News

The World Health Organization’s director-general kicked off his Friday by praising China’s efforts to contain and control the coronavirus.

In an early-morning tweet, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus applauded Beijing for its handling of the global pandemic, which China it is largely blamed for spreading.

“For the first time, #China has reported no domestic #COVID19 cases yesterday. This is an amazing achievement, which gives us all reassurance that the #coronavirus can be beaten,” Tedros tweeted. . . .

. . . But a deeper dive into the cozy and symbiotic relationship between Tedros and Chinese President Xi Jinping has some crying foul.

On March 11, the WHO finally declared the coronavirus a global pandemic. While some praised the move, others like Bradley Thayer, a political science professor at the University of Texas, San Antonio, and Lianchao Han, the vice president of Citizen Power Initiatives for China, questioned why the WHO and its director-general waited so long when health officials from various governments alerted them to the widespread devastation weeks in advance.

Thayer and Han have accused Tedros of turning “a blind eye to what happened in Wuhan and the rest of China” and after meeting with President Xi Jinping in January, helping him suppress the “severity, prevalence and scope of the COVID-19 outbreak.” . . .

. . . The problem is that China’s complacency at the beginning of the outbreak helped create the crisis. The WHO accelerated it. . . .

. . . On Friday, State Department spokeswoman Morgan Ortagus tweeted that by Jan. 3, “Chinese authorities had already ordered #COVID19 virus samples destroyed, silenced Wuhan doctors, and censored public concerns online.” She added, “@SpokespersonCHN is right: This is a timeline the world must absolutely scrutinize.” . . .

. . . “When he should have been focusing on global counter-pandemic efforts, Tedros instead was politicizing the crisis and helping Xi to shirk his responsibility for a series of wrongdoings in addressing the outbreak,” Thayer and Han wrote in an opinion piece. The duo also accuse Tedros of using the WHO platform to “defend the Chinese government’s gross violation of human rights.”

Xi’s henchmen silenced people who tried to expose the reality on the ground. Whistleblowers were detained. Some disappeared without a trace. . . .

1 Like

Even accounting for the larger elderly population in Italy, there are indications China is fudging the numbers.
What the world should want to know is how the 1 million Uighurs in those concentration camps are doing. The communist regime won’t say anything about them. The world knows they were already being abused by communist personnel and being abused tends to lower immunity in people.

1 Like

If this claim is true, then nothing is being learned.

The number of novel coronavirus patients in Wuhan, the epicenter of China’s virus outbreak, was manipulated in time for President Xi Jinping’s visit last week, a local doctor told Kyodo News Thursday.

A number of symptomatic patients were abruptly released from quarantine early while a portion of testing was suspended, the doctor said.

China’s health authorities on Thursday reported no new cases of coronavirus infection in Wuhan, marking the first time for the city to have no instances of local transmission since the viral epidemic began late last year.

1 Like

Seems to me it’s easy to have no new cases for one day…don’t test anyone for one day. I wish we could trust information from China but, alas, we can’t. Let’s see if they still claim zero tomorrow and the next few days…

7 Likes

Yeah, I’m not overly convinced either Patty. It seems rather too convenient.

4 Likes

These numbers seem more plausible when seen in light of what is happening in China to stop the spread of the virus. You might have a look at the video here:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.