Www.catholicanswer.org <<<What's that all about?>>>

Good morning all…
It’s before my morning coffee and I typed www.catholicanswer.org (no s) and got a website that I don’t understand.

What’s that all about as it seems off the top that they are disputing something documented by the Church…

Any ideas? Many thanks and blessings,
Joanie

Scrolling down the page, I noticed:-
“In service to Sacred Society of St. Pius X”

[quote=Reepicheep]Scrolling down the page, I noticed:-
“In service to Sacred Society of St. Pius X”
[/quote]

Yes, I saw that but it’s still unclear to me what that is all about.

Is there anything that I can read on this?

Please know that I am in full compliance with the Church, her Magisterium, her dogma and resulting wisdom. (Yes, I’ve learned the hard way.)

If the POPE says it – I believe it. If this group is some sect on the fringes – them I’m not even interested in knowing about them as I don’t have to know any more about “poision” than to just STAY AWAY!
Blessings,
Joanie

The following may be of interest:
PAUL SMITH and CHEVALIERS DE NOTRE DAME

To : jloughnan@hotmail.com
Subject : Chevaliers de Notre Dame
Date : Tue, 23 Apr 2002 18:11:47 +0000

Dear Sir,

I hope that you do not mind me asking - but please can you help me?

I am interested in the Order known as ‘Chevaliers de Notre Dame’ - and on your excellent web page you wrote the following about this Order:

Chevaliers de Notre Dame/Knights of Our Lady. [N] (Bp. Douglas L. >Trees)“Revitalized under” Archbishops Ngo Dinh Thuc and Lefebvre, who (i.e. Lefebvre) was “Grand Master of the Ordre in France”.

Can you please tell me when the ORIGINAL Order was founded, please?

Do you know how it could be possible to obtain more information about the Original Order, as I am most interested…

The Order @catholicanswer, is, as you pointed out, an off-shoot of the original Order and cannot answer any of the questions relating to Origins, as I found out when I wrote to them for information.

Please Sir, can you send me ANY reply to this enquiry: it would be most gratefully appreciated with the very utmost of thanks…

Most Thankfully Yours,

Sincerely,
Paul Smith.

Apr. 25, 2002

Dear Paul,

I am sorry, but I do not know too much more; I did write to them and asked for Trees"pedigree" - that is his episcopal line, but he refused to disclose.

They are VERY ecumenical - and, I believe, at least schismatic and excommunicated, OR protestant.

Please let me know if you get any further info.

With kind regards and God bless,

John

Continued:

It looks like some kind of interfaith group. It claims to be “independent of the Vatican.”

Continued:
To: jloughnan@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Chevaliers de Notre Dame
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 03:07:18 +0000

Dear Mr Loughnan,

Thank you very much for your e-mail.

The Order called ‘Chevaliers de Notre Dame’ as found on catholicanswer.org/homepage.htm is an irregular off-shoot of the original order and has no direct links with it.

The foundation of the original Order of ‘Chevaliers de Notre Dame’ (also known as ‘militia sanctae mariae’) can be found on this
website: sspxasia.com/Newsletters/2000/Sep-Oct/Order-of-Knights-of-Our-Lady.htm

As for the Priory of Sion, this was nothing more than a figment of the imagination of Pierre Plantard. See my website about this scam: smithpp0.tripod.com/psp/idx.html

Eminent Catholics like Marcel Lefebvre, Abbe Georges de Nantes and Francois Ducaud-Bourget were never “members” - they were dragged into the “Order’s” pedigree without their knowledge: but please notice that they were all Conservative and Traditionalist Roman Catholics - this was in-line with Pierre Plantard’s past of belonging to the French Right-Wing Monarchist tradition and being part of the French Masonic tradition that was Counter-Revolutionary. Plantard was a Knight of Vichy France and I have translated some of the articles from his wartime journal that he edited, ‘Vaincre’.

Thank you very much again for your e-mail.

Most Sincerely Yours,

Paul Smith.

Apr. 27, 2002

Dear Paul,

Many thanks for your most interesting reply.

Yes, I too read “The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail” and other “Priory of Sion” material, and found them to be, in my opinion, (perhaps) good fiction.

People make many claims. The New York group made unsubstantiatable claims. The facts are that there are a couple of hundred churches in the USA containing “Catholic” and/or “Roman Catholic” in their names, but which are NOT in union with the Holy See in Rome. Likewise, there are many other organizations which simulate the normally recognized Cathilic Church, but which also are not in communion with the Holy See in Rome - such a one, whether they like it or not/claim otherwise or not is the Society of St Pius X, the Society of St Pius V, the CMRI, etc, etc, etc.

continued:

continued:

3 When I commenced my association with Archbishop Lefebvre and his SSPX (over 27 years ago), the Archbishop was then an eminent person who was in full communion with (to abreviate the expressions) Rome, nevertheless, his attitudes became potentially schismatic, and actualizes into schism following his disobedience to the express command from his legitimate superior, the pope. He, Abbe Georges de Nantes and Mgr. Ducaud-Bourget are, simply schismatics. May God have mercy on their eternal souls.

“The foundation of the original Order of ‘Chevaliers de Notre Dame’ (also known as ‘militia sanctae mariae’)” is NOT a Catholic Order. It might as well have been founded by Micky Mouse! I do not, of course, mean to imply that the persons in the Order are not of good intent - but there was recourse to no lawful authority for their foundation. In a similar way, the SSPX have no authority to establish a group such as The Holy Name Society; there are canonical regulations on such matters.

John Loughnan

To: jloughnan@hotmail.com
Subject: More on Chevaliers de Notre Dame
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 01:20:51 +0000

Dear Mr Loughnan,

Thank you kindly for your e-mail and for the detailed explanation.

I recently received an e-mail from an eminent member belonging to the original order of 'Chevaliers de Notre Dame and have copied it for your interest (below).

I do understand the situation, that there is a big argument in operation within the Roman Catholic Church - the various Yahoo Discussion Lists demonstrate this…

Thank you very much again for your interesting e-mail.

Most Sincerely Yours,

Paul Smith.

continued:

continued:

1. From : Association Léon Dupont leon.dupont@worldonline.fr
    To : “Paul Smith” smith6paul@hotmail.com
    Subject : Re: Fw: Chevaliers de Notre Dame
    Date : Thu, 25 Apr 2002 07:19:23 +0700

Dear Mr. Smith,

Thank you for your message.

I belong to the “Ordre des chevaliers de Notre Dame”, in Latin “Militia Sanctae Mariae” and in English “Order of the Knights of Our Lady”. It was founded in 1945 in France and canonically erected by bishops in five different countries. Further to the Counciliar Reformation a split occurred.

The Order changed his Rule and accepted the new doctrines of the Vatican in contradiction with the clear condemnations by previous Popes: Religious Freedom (no longer as the Freedon of God’s children to adhere to the Truth, but as the freedom to believe and do anything), Ecuminism, Mass and Liturgy, and the current so-called new Theology (Salvation through any religions and even atheism - no need for baptism or the Mass as a Sacrifice for our Redemption - according to it Mass only is just a “sacrifice of praise”, and a “meal” or “communion” between brothers, since everybody has been saved once and for all, whatever he does orf believe, through the Incarnation of Christ and not through the Sacrifice of Calvary and the Cross, which is now progressively removed from many places).

Some Knights resisted and finally formed a traditional branch of the Order, keeping its old Rule. I belong to this branch.

So far as I know the “Ordre des Chevaliers de Notre Dame” you are referring to is first and foremost a website, and only a website with a handful of people behind it. As far as I know it is multi-denominational, which means it is not a Catholic Order. It claims to have been founded in the Middle Ages, possibly by Godefroy de Bouillon, it refers to the Sangreal (and why not to King Arthur). However historian never heard of such an Order at the time of the Crusades. It also plagiarizes us in taking many of our appelations.

It unduly also uses the name of Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre and the Priestly Society of St. Pius X.

So, I would be extremely prudent with these people.

Please do no hesitate to contact me again.

Jean Pierre le Roy

Apr. 27, 2002

Dear Paul,

Yes, a very interesting post - and typical of the schismatic mentality of the sender, Jean Pierre le Roy. I recognize it, for I possessed it for about 23 years.

Thank you again.

John Loughnan

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.