Wyszynski's Book

Hello,

In the movie “Karol: A Man Who Became Pope” there is a scene where Cardinal Wyszynski is arrested by the Soviets. He is told to collect his things and all he picks up is a rosary and a book. Does anyone know what book it was?

I would guess his breviary since as priest he is required to pray the office every day.

Hello,

I took a good look at the seen and the title of the book, given on the side, is made of of three words. The second word I am almost certain is Romano. The first word ends in, I am pretty sure, the letters ARIO. The third word ends in the letters, again pretty sure, NICU. But the rest of the first and third words I am not certain of. What I can guess is - with fairly certain letters in CAPS and uncertain ones in lowercase:

krestARIO
ROMANO
syrapNICU

bump

bump

A blog article states that the Cardinal took only his rosary and breviary. The blog author cites a book about the Cardinal’s life (Cardinal Wyszynski by Andrzej Micewski) as being his source of information.
beholdyourmother.wordpress.com/2007/12/28/the-primate-is-arrested/

A thousand thanks, my friend!

You’re most welcome, but it was a also a pleasure to learn about the Cardinal and his heroism. I hope it becomes better known.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.